♥︎~ChapϮεɽ Sεⱴεɳ~♥︎

Start from the beginning

"Yes!" Dahlia and Yuuki exclaimed in unison.

Zero grunted in response.
〜〜
Humming, Dahlia happily tugged the the sleeves to her jacket. Kaien stood in front of her with a wide smile as he helped her with the uniform. The young girl blushed and shyly touched the cuff links of her new uniform, Kaien urging her to take a look in the mirror.

"So- Oh! Look, Zero came to pick you up." Kaien stared up at the silver-haired boy and waved him over. Zero sauntered over to them and starred down at the girl.

He studied her, the petite girl was almost unrecognizable to him, only if it was not for the big blue eyes the girl had, he would have not recognized her. He was used to seeing her in bandages and oversized clothing with her hair tightly held back in a bun or braid throughout the last few days. But now, she stood before him in a Day Class uniform with her hair flowing down in never ending waves.

He lightly blushed at the realization that it was her and he had been staring for a long time. Clearing his throat he stood and held the door open. "Let's go..."

"Take good care of her!" Kaien told him. Zero grunted in response and urged the petite girl out to meet with Yuuki, who had left earlier than the two to meet with her friend, Sayori.

Dahlia softly smiled as she unconsciously held onto the sleeve of Zero's jacket.

"I'm so happy to be able to join you guys now." She softly said. Zero only glanced back at her before entering the school building.

There, the two teens were able to hear the silence that overcame the hallway the moment they stepped in, and that was soon followed by low whispers.

Dahlia could feel their gazes, burning on her back as she walked close behind Zero.

"Ignore them." Zero said. Looking up, Dahlia nodded and shuffled close to his side.
〜〜
"Is that her?" A girl whispered.

"Yeah, some first year girls said she looked really innocent." A male nodded to the girl.

"To think, Kiryuu would be able to get a cute girl like that." Another male teen whispered.

"But, really, it's shocking that Zero came to school with his girlfriend!" A girl whispered shouted.

Yuuki froze as she listened to the group that walked by her. Sayori had noticed this and turned to look at the group before turning back to the petite girl.

"What's wrong Yuuki?"

Yuuki only frowned before noticing her friend looking at her. Quickly, she smiled and shook her hands.

"N-No, nothing!" Sayori only gave her a suspicious look before looking up when the bell rang. Sighing loudly, she turned to Yuuki and left to go to class.
〜〜
"I'm sorry..." Dahlia whispered as she bumped into someone walking by. Zero only provided a harsh glare at the person before entering class.

Slowly, Dahlia peeked from behind and squeaked under the gaze of many people. Zero only headed toward his seat, pausing midstep to glance over to her and watched her. Understanding what he meant, a blush came across her cheeks as she hurried over to where his seat was, and settled in.

It was not long before the teacher walked in.

When lunch came, Dahlia had followed Zero like a puppy. Throughout the day, she was ambushed by many Day Class students, and the only way to get rid of them, in Zero's opinion, was to be by her side at all times, and indeed, it worked very well.

She shyly followed him and tried her best to not be a bother to him. Somehow, Zero found this to be... cute?

His eyes widened at the thought. No! Not cute! There is not a single thing that is cute about her. He shook his head and continued on.

"Oh! That's right, are you hungry?" She asked. She pulled up a small checkered bag and softly smiled at him. Zero could only stare at her before sitting on a nearby bench. She gazed at him, her smile widening slowly as she hurried over to him.
〜〜
Yuuki sighed in defeat as she saw Zero and Dahlia together. Did they have a thing going on? An attraction?

Maybe he is just feeling guilty for accidentally hurting her that time. Yeah, that must be it. He is just making up for what he did.

She frowned. I mustn't think like that! They are just getting along well, that's all. The Headmaster did tell us to take good care of her.

"Yuuki?"

Said girl jumped and became suddenly alert. She turned and calmed down when she saw it was just Dahlia.

"What are you doing here, Dahlia?"

"Zero said to go with you." She softly said. Yuuki nodded and flashed her a big smile.

"Alright then, let's go then."

Y-Yeah, there's nothing between them... They're just good friends.

  〜〜  

"Why did you call me here?" Zero grumbled. He glared at the Headmaster who only sat behind his desk with his fingers folded nicely with a serious look in place. The silverette paused for a moment, noticing that it must be an important matter.

"What's it about?"

"I did some digging around at the Hunter Association and was able to find the file on the Knights..." Kaien began. Zero's eyes widened and glanced over to the file under the older man's hands.

"And?"

Kaien cleared his throat as he opened the file. "I found their address and saw that they lived close by, so I visited. The hunters are currently investigating the situation so I had to ask the neighbors instead, and was told more of their daughters."

"Daughters?"

"Yes, daughters. They had another daughter who died, years ago. But that aside, I learned that their adoptive daughter, Dahlia, never attended school."

"Wha-"

"Yes, it's true. I confirmed it with the elementary school she went to as a child and with the local hospital."

"Hospital... Why hospital?"

"It seems as though Dahlia was always sick. They said she had a weak body and was prone to getting sick at any moment, the reason why she was kept from going to school and instead, was homeschooled."

A sudden memory of his brother came to Zero's mind as he listened to all of this. Clenching his hand, Zero turned on his heel and left the room in a rush. He ignored the calls after him from Kaien and instead headed for Dahlia's room, where he saw her peacefully sleeping. Sighing, he entered the room across from hers.