Chapter 1- Mate

Mia's POV
The sound of cries and laughing filled the air. The stone floor of my cell was cold, it is not quiet winter yet but being under ground made it chilly.

My name is Mia West, but here they know me as the "Fierce Butterfly." I am a wolf gladiator, my owner puts me in a arena with another werewolf. We fight to the death and the winner continues to fight until beat.

If you make it three years you are set free, I'm on my second year, it's my only hope.

***

People were screaming my name, well Fierce Butterfly, I hate the game. I gave most of them the finger which made them cheer louder. "Ladies and gentlemen, today is Butterfly's 3 year of being a gladiator. You all know what that means?!" The announcer spoke.

"Silver, silver, silver!" People chanted. Sweet, now I get a weapon, I thought to myself. Not to sound psychotic or anything, but a weapon makes killing easier and killing makes surviving easier. Honestly I don't need a weapon I use my famous move the spine breaker (if they're in wolf form). When they're on the ground I snap their necks. They set out a row of weapons, silver sword, silver knuckles, and silver laced gloves. My hand made my way over to the gloves, picking them up and pulling them onto my hands.

"Great, let's bring up the other gladiator. The Blue Bird!" The announcer boomed. I let out a school-girl-like giggle, what a cute nickname. My smile fell as soon as he walked in. Besides his blue hair his name does not fit him. he was buff, with muscles everywhere on his boy. along with a long jagged knife.

Max's POV

Parking my car, walking up the stairs, and buying my tickets, I made my way to the arena. I was five minutes late, probably missing the ads and introduction. I am meeting my newish Beta here, Riley. For the last six months I have known him The Arena is practically the only thing he has talked about. Hells Angel and Fierce Butterfly are his favorite fighters as he had told me constantly.

"Max, do you see that girl with brown hair?" Riley, my beta asked. The girl had long brown hair and was absolutely glowing, besides the blood that stained her face from a rather nasty punch to the nose. I moved closer to see a glimpse of her face and I smelled something. Something very distinct. I know she smelled it too. She stared blankly at me. Mate.

Thanks for reading. please continue!😊

-gllittergeek