Chapter 22- burn

Mia's POV

I awoke from my unconsciousness in a room. It smelled like iron and blood. The basement.

I should have known. The basement was fire proof so it didn't burn down like the pack house.

I didn't know who put me here. My owner, Sienna, or the pack, for protection. I stood up to find out I was chained to the wall. Sienna it is.

"Help me!" I screamed though I knew no one could hear me. Finally I heard the slight cracklings and a burning smell.

This is the end, I will burn and Max or Isabella will never find my body.

What I didn't expect was for a hole to come drilling down as jacks head popped down.

"Need any help?" He asked.

"No I'll be fine. I just thought I would burn to death in here." I remarked sarcastically.

"If you say so," he pretended to bring his head back up but only to drop down a latter.

"Thanks."

And again, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. Until I could see the icy sky.

The fire and smoked chocked my throat while Jack handed me a rag to cover my mouth.

We walked over to the large oak tree where I had left Sami, Emily and Sara. This time I don't even need to think to be able to climb it.

When I got up there what I saw was astonishing. Isabella tucked away in a corner, holding a rag to Emily's silver bruise.

Emily looked horrible. Eyes drooped and body limp. Sami seemed to know that too. Sami's eyes were welled with tears that threatened to spill over.

Riley was hugging Isabella with Sara sitting in his lap. Jack moved over to other members of the pack to discuss strategy and Max was no where to be found.

"Where is Max?" I asked, anxiety building up.

"We- we- haven't found him." Toby stuttered. He stood up and walked over to me.

"I'm sorry. I know that you really do love him, deep down, even if you don't know it... yet." He sounded like a mature adult, definitely not the fifteen year old that stands interior of me.

Tears threatened to leave my eyes. However, I know from The Arena that you can never let your emotions show.

This isn't The Arena, and this isn't freedom either. I doing hit for three years! Isabella fought for seven!

So, now I have the ability to cry. I let myself sob cuddled up in the corner. The pack members tried to comfort me.

Handing me towels, letting me cry on their shoulders. Isabella comforted me, telling me he's ok. I knew she was lying I could see it in her eyes.

My cheeks stained with tears that fell from my eyes. I don't exactly know how long I cried but I did. Soon it was time to sleep. Sami was curled up next to Emily, already asleep.

Riley had his arm rapped around Isabella, and though I know that she hates being dominated over, enjoyed his presence.

And what was I doing? Well I was snuggled up in the corner away from everybody, gripping my knife close to my heart letting the rising and falling of my chest move the knife.

I watched the hole that the ladder came up intensely waiting for max to come up and say he was fine. I am independent but I need someone to balance out my independence and fear.

Cause deep, deep, down I'm afraid that I might lose myself trying to survive. But for now I drift back into sleep. Dreaming.

Sorry it's late😞. I fell asleep writing the last paragraph. So here's the update. It's not edited BTW.

-gllittergeek