Chapter 21- Dark is dead

Mia's POV

Why did I say that? I think to myself. I am suppose to hate Max. Which I do, but for some reason I don't.

In the background I saw Toby killing Chainers using the neck snap, that is Isabellas signature move in the Arena.

Toby's brown hair was wet with sweat and was trying to save a little boy.

I'm pretty sure it's the mates pull. Although, part of it was true. I do kinda like him. I wouldn't say love, but I do like him.

My thoughts were Interrupted when a rock came hurdling in my direction.

I tried to push him to move him, but nothing happened. I was a tree still and rooted.

My head collided with the rock and I could see max falling to the ground, knocked out.

I drifted into a death like sleep as my entire body drifted into the darkness.

I was falling through a deep hole of nothing. The darkness was a reminder of pain. However, I liked the darkness, without the dark there would be no light.

Just like how the pain keeps me sane and reminds me that I'm alive. I could see the bottom of the pit right beneath my feet, but it soon disappeared and I fell again.

This time things were falling with me. Bodies. The werewolves I killed. I recognized some of them.

Bluebird, the last Wolf Gladiator I killed, and Delta, one of my first kills. I cried all night after killing her.

There are many, many bodies. After a year I stopped counting. There was like 105 after a year. (two fights a week).

Total I've probably killed around 300. But I lost count. I recognized lots of others werewolves.

This is it. I thought I was fearless, but I'm not. I've buried my self under bravery.

I'm not afraid of being killed, I'm afraid of killing even thought I've done it for the last four years.

This time I saw the ground, and it didn't disappear. My body collided with the hard floor as, again, I fell into the darkness.

Max's POV

"Don't forget your back pack!" I reminded Stella as we got into my beautiful, light blue Volvo.

"Don't worry," she she mumbled grabbing her black back pack.

I opened my wallet which contained two family photos. One with Mom, Dad, Ben and me. And the other, Mom, Dad, Stella and me.

I buckled up, and made my way to North Hill Middle School.

I'm 18 and my father just gave me the title of alpha. The power is so strong.

I should have found my mate two years ago. She is probably dead, but until I find proof of her death I won't stop looking for her.

"Don't worry. I will be."

Sis, or Stella, is fourteen. Today is her first day of eighth grade and my first day of twelfth grade.

She got into the car and I got into the driver seat. Perks of being older.

I watched as the car came. To quick. My foot banged on the breaks. However, it was to late. The cars collided. Stella sat in the passenger seat. Lifeless.