Chapter 40

It took me two seconds to regain my balance and match her speed and I look down to our hand interlock with each other.

"There they are, get them!" One of the guys shouted but we were already far away from them.

"Why are we running?" I ask Y/n and she gave me an 'Are you serious look'

"There's a lot of them, I don't want you getting hurt." She replied and I widen my eyes.

I then look ahead and smiled secretly as she was concern that I was going to get hurt even though there's a 0% that's going to happen. I didn't dare asking anymore questions, I was just enjoying our moment together. I didn't even need to look where I was going, I was just watching her the whole time.

"Let's turn here." We both turned in a small alleyway and she pushed me to the side then pressed her body against me. "Don't make a noise."

We were so close with each other, my heart was pounding on my chest. My body was frozen and it just wants to reach for her and hug her. I watch as she worriedly look for the guys who were passing by, wishing that they won't notice us.

My eyes travelled down on her lips, somehow my senses wanted me to place my lips onto hers. It was hard for me to control my body, it just wants her in my arms. One of the guys stop to look around and Y/n pressed herself even more on my body.

I wanted to put my arms around her that time but had to fight my urge not to. The guy became curious and decided to check the alleyway.

"Oh no..." I heard Y/n whispered and I slowly reached for my sword, ready to strike as soon as he sees us.

Although it seems like the luck was on his side because one of his teammate called him, which made him left the place. Y/n sigh in relief and she took a step back, she then looked at the streets to see if they were still there and when she was sure that they weren't, we both walk to the opposite side of where the groups of gangs went to.

"Who are they?" I asked while we were walking.

"Well... long story short, after I lost my memory, I have to continue living. Let's just say that I became a rebel, I stole many things in order to survive. After I settled down, I started becoming like Robin Hood. Stealing expensive treasures and giving them to those who need it. The boss of those groups, happened to be the guy that I'v stolen something very very very expensive and now they are trying to hunt me down to make me pay." She explained and I nodded in understanding.

Pretty much like me and the troupe but there's a big difference. We steal and kill with pleasure, not giving any mercy to those who appears before us. But with Y/n, she does the opposite of what we do, she risk her life trying to steal treasures and give them to those who needs them.

"While doing that, I tried finding a way to get my memories back but no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't remember anything." She then stop on her tracks and I also stop. "But, the real reason of why I decided to become like Robin Hood is because... I think in the past I might have been a member of the Phantom Troupe."

"What?" I questioned and she awkwardly laugh.

"I know right, I didn't want to believe it but I saw a Spider tattoo on my right thigh. I know what the Phantom Troupe are doing and I can't imagine myself... being a member of their group. I don't know but can you imagine myself killing innocent people?" I was speechless, I didn't know how to answer her question.

"You can't say anything right? I mean, many people told me that I don't even look like a killer whenever I ask them if I look like one. Right? Do I look like one to you?" She ask me and I stared at her.

"You may not believe it but she's part of the Phantom Troupe and the two of you are the best duo in the team."

If I tell her that a member of the Troupe is standing before her, will she hate me? On top of that, if I also tell her that she was a member before, will she be able to accept it?

"Can I... can I see your tattoo?" I questioned and she looked around.

She then took my hand and led me to a park. She made sure that no one was there before she faced me with a worried face on.

"Promise me that you won't start looking at me differently after I show you the tattoo?" She said softly and I nod.

"I promise." I told her and she took a deep breath before lifting her short, showing the tattoo spider that was on her upper right thigh.

That was the proof that tells me that she did became a member of the Troupe. Which means what Shalnark was saying was the truth, we were the best duo of the Spiders yet we can't even remember each other.