Chapter 22

"W-what happened to her." I ran towards him and examined Ella.

"Lisa and that brat killed her." Was his short response and I widen my eyes.

"Lisa? You mean Y/n?" I questioned.

"Yes, they killed her without mercy including that boyfriend of hers." Tears started to fall from his eyes.

"No, they couldn't. Y/n would never kill her!" I defended and he grabbed my collar.

"They killed her! I saw it with my own eyes!" He yelled and tears started filling my eyes.

Knowing David for too long, he's the type of person that hates lying.

"No... no no no, that couldn't be... they couldn't..." I was so lost in my mind that I didn't realize David was behind me.

"Phantom Destroyer will help you." Was the last thing I heard before I fell into the darkness.

Reader's POV

"This is a powerful spell, I've never seen this in my life before." Shalnark examined the tattoo that was on Feitan's chest. "I don't even know this Phantom Destroyer exists."

After Jericho left, Chrollo asked us to fill everyone in at the recent event. They were shock when they heard about the Phantom Destroyer, but none of them seemed worried by it. It's like they knew that they have enemies, but they're never afraid of them. Well, they are the infamous Phantom Troupe after all.

"Nope, I really have no idea what it is." Shalnark then changed his gaze to me. "Have you tried healing him?"

"I did, and if I tried again, he will be in... pain." I sadly replied and he nodded in understanding.

"I see, judging by the story you told us, he only have one week to live and you can only save him by giving up your Nen to his mysterious father of yours?" He questioned and I slowly nodded.

"What is your decision Y/n?" Chrollo asked me.

"I... I haven't thought about it." I replied but then took a deep breath. "But I am willing to give up my Nen for the cure."

As soon as I said this, Feitan stood up from his seat with a glare on his face.

"No! I won't let you!" He objected.

"I have to Feitan, for your own sake." I tried reasoning it out with him but he shook his head.

"Mi fine, troupe is here. We can help you." He held both of my hands and I could feel that nothing is going to change his mind.

"Fine..." I sigh in defeat while looking down the ground.

"Promise me you won't go there alone."  He lifted my chin so I can see his eyes.

"I... promise." He then hugged me so tight as if he was going to lose me.

"I love you so much Y/n." He whispered in my ears and my tears immediately fell.

"I love you so much as well." I said back.
-----

We are now sleeping on Feitan's bed and I was staring at his adorable face as he was sleeping peacefully. I softly touched his cheek and brushed away the hair that was on his face. I observed him closely and saw how he was so perfect.

I was so lucky to have him by my side but so unfortunate that we will soon forget each other again. No one has any idea what the Phantom Destroyer is capable of, heck we don't even know how many they are. On top of that, my mysterious father is behind all of this and he will never stop until he gets my power.

The Universe might hate me so much because it's always finding a way to separate me from Feitan. He is the only guy that I loved, but why can't we just live happily like the other couples? Why can't just we be like one of those Disney Princesses who gets their happy ending?

My mind was interrupted when Feitan moved. He didn't wake up, but it looked like he was having a bad dream. 

"Y/n..." My heart skipped a beat when he mentioned my name. "Please don't leave me... again..."

I felt my heart breaking into millions of pieces. I already left Feitan before, and now I am going to do it again. But it's for his own good, I won't let anyone hurt him again. I will get him cured if it means losing my power. I decided to get out of the bed quietly because I need to have a conversation with the boss.

When I opened the door, I got a fright when I saw Shalnark walking past. He almost screamed but I quickly covered his mouth.

"Feitan is sleeping, don't make a noise." I told him and he nodded. 

I closed the door behind me and we walked through the corridors silently. My mind was wondering how I'm going to face my father whom I've never met and is now ready to kill those whom I loved just to get my power.

"You know Y/n, I've never seen Feitan like that before." Shalnark caught my attention and I gave him a confuse face.

"What do you mean?" I questioned and he chuckled.

"Normally if he wants to kill someone, he would do it without having second thoughts. But seeing how he really really wanted to kill Jericho, I was fascinated because he managed to stop himself from doing it because of you." He explained and a smile made it's way to my lips.