39. End

Six Months Later

"Hey." Tyler walked behind Rose, making her jump slightly. "You're so fucking tense."

Rose stayed quiet, eyeing the microphone in her hand.

"You're on in two," the producer walked over.

Rose nodded hesitantly.

It was her first live TV performance, the same first performance where Tyler had given his. At Jimmy Fallon—she was nervous. She never thought she'd make it this far.

Her parents were front and center in the audience, and that was what was making her stomach queasy the most.

They've never seen her perform live like this; and it didn't help that Rose was always wanting to impress them no matter what.

"You're gonna be fucking sick. I'll be there with you."

Tyler was going to be playing the piano while Rose sang, something she decided on last minute yesterday. She wanted him to be a part of it.

"It's your turn," the producer walked over again.

Tyler and Rose walked over the dark stage, they have a minute to set everything up. T sat behind the piano, his body turned slightly as Rose stood behind the mic.

"Performing her new single Honey, with Tyler, the Creator, please welcome, Rose!"

The lights turned on them, and Tyler began to play the chords on the piano.

...

They got a standing ovation, Jimmy coming over and greeting Tyler and Rose.

It went to commercial break, the producer guiding Rose to get interviewed as she got mic'd up. If anything, she was more nervous about saying something stupid.

Tyler left backstage as Rose gave him a lasting grin.

The cameras got ready again as Jimmy introduced Rose again, everyone clapping.

"So your parents are here, how does it feel performing in front of them?"

"It's their first time seeing me perform actually, it's crazy."

They made more small talk.

"You literally came out of nowhere. It's Tyler that discovered you right? 'cuz that's the story I keep hearing."

"Yeah, pretty much...I've said this in interviews before, I was living out of my car and I met him the night I got to LA—,"

"And he had no idea who you were."

"None—I was literally no one. But he took a chance on me and now I'm here," she looked at the audience, taking it in.

Jimmy spoke again once the crowd had died down.

"So Tyler..." He gave her a joking look. "Has he matured at all? When I met him he was a child, I mean, literally he was running around the studio."

"He's great, I think so. He doesn't take anything serious which is why I love being around him."

"Hmm," he alluded.

The audience laughed.

"Oh my god," Rose covered her face.

"We've all seen the pictures! You had to know that I was gonna ask about you two. I mean it's really good chemistry between both of you."

"My parents are sitting right there."

"They don't know?!"

"I haven't told them..."

The audience laughed.

"So perfect way of letting them know. On my show, that's great," he turned to look at Rose's parents. "What do you guys think of Tyler dating your daughter?" He laughed.

Her parents were in obvious shock, Rose laughing and apologizing in advance.

"I mean he's talented, so that's something you both have in common," Jimmy replied.

"He's great with his hands."

The audience laughed.

"I mean like, he's amazing at piano..."

"You're blushing."

Rose rolled her eyes.

"Oh my god can we talk about my album?" she chuckled.

After talking about the album, the interview was finally over. Rose walked back stage where she was met with Tyler again.

"I'm good with my hands?" he laughed, pulling her in by her waist.

"You know what I meant."

He laughed.

"Your first was better than mine," he alluded to the performance she gave.

Soon, her parents joined them as they walked over.

"Oh my goodness you were so great out there!" Her mom rushed to hug her, her dad doing the same.

They turned to Tyler.

"I can't say I didn't see it coming," her mom began. She turned to look at James. "What did I tell you? I told you they'd end up together."

"You better take good care of her," Rose's father spoke.

"I literally don't let her out my sight. I promise," Tyler put his hands up in defense.

"Lemme talk to you for a minute." Rose's dad patted Tyler's back.

"Dad—,"

"It's cool," Tyler smiled at her.

Rose and her mom watched as T and her dad walked over to where the refreshments were, Tyler's hands in his pockets.

"What do you think dad's telling him?"

"The same thing my father told him."

And it came full circle, hitting Rose hard.

She looked at him, Tyler turning around slightly as he smiled at her, their eyes meeting like they had the first time.

There wasn't any denying that he was the one.