8. Hills

"You can't tell me you were actually full." Rose laughed, placing her coat on the counter.

They decided to chat a little at her loft.

"I mean...nah, but the whole point was to, you know," Abel walked over. "Impress you."

"Impress me?" Rose scoffed jokingly.

Abel laughed.

"You not impressed? you wanna see the check?" he joked.

"Nah, I trust that shit was expensive," Rose bit her lip as she looked up at him. He took off his dark shades. He smelled amazing. Abel seemed to have that slick effect with everyone—he was always so perfect and put together.

He inched closer as his lips grazed over hers. He was teasing. She took the back of his neck as she pushed herself into him. She's been wanting this with someone.

To be close just like this.

"Let me impress you with something else tonight." He breathed into the nape of her neck as he kissed her jaw.

Rose fell into the bed behind her as Abel kissed down into her chest.

He was handsy in all the right places; clearly he knew what he was doing. Rose pulled her straps off as she took off the dress swiftly.

Abel moved his lips down into her stomach as his tongue grazed her inner thighs. Rose moaned as his fingers traced her underwear.

He tasted her until she was close to climaxing; Rose let go of the covers under her as she controlled her breathing. He hastily undressed himself, kissing her once more as he grabbed a condom from his pocket.

"You knew I was gonna give in huh?" She laughed.

"I was hoping you would."

He inserted himself as she moaned into his neck; every thrust making her hold onto him harder.

He cursed; changing positions every time they came close. She got on top of him, Abel watching her as she rode him with swift movements.

She held onto the headboard as she rode faster, soon climaxing.
It was the most intense sex she's ever had—definitely the best.

She fell next to him, both catching their breaths.

They laughed, kissing again before pulling the covers over them.

"You wanna hear the song?" Abel asked.

Her eyes widened, nodding in excitement.

He grabbed his phone off the dresser next to him as he pressed play to a file.

The song began; soon she heard the lyrics she had written.

"Oh my god.."

"That's all you." He kissed her forehead.

Rose was taking it all in.

Once the song was over, he spoke.

"I want you to help me write the rest of this album."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"I want you to be apart of this."

She smiled widely as she kissed him again. She couldn't contain her excitement.

...

Rose woke up, feeling the sun shining in from outside. She stretched, noticing Abel was no where to be found.

She slipped on the dress from the night before, making her way to a check set on the kitchen counter.

She eyed it, the number was insane.

Rose reached for her phone to text him, but he had already left a message.

here's a check for the songwriting credits. not including royalties yet ;) xo
-Abel, 9:30 am

you could've stayed for a little longer :( i wanted to thank you.
-Me, 11:24 am

Rose eyed the check again. She couldn't keep her eyes off that number.

Fuck, ten grand. Was that really how much songwriters got paid? Shit.

don't thank me. i didn't want to wake you up, i've got meetings today. i'll come by later tonight
-Abel, 11:28 am

...

Rose did nothing for the majority of the day but catch up on movies and shows she was itching to finish. She ran some errands; finally she was able to afford some groceries without having to worry.
Her packages came too—she ordered herself a new mac and some basic recording necessities she needed for a setup.

Rose looked over at her phone. Nerves arose as she thought about contacting her parents again. But even a simple call could lead to a bigger mess than it already was.

Plus, it didn't matter to them where she was. She hadn't received one call since she left. Rose pushed it to the back of her mind.

Hmm. What else to do?

She hadn't made any new friends and the closest person she had was Abel—although she felt the most comfortable around Tyler.

...

It was a little past 9 pm, and Abel was finally in her arms again. It was comforting.

"How were the meetings?" She moved aside so he could slip next to her into the covers.

"Like always, never fun." He kissed her. "I missed you."

"Missed you too."

They relaxed and spoke for a good hour before Abel turned the TV down.

"Tell me more about you," he spoke softly.

"Like what?"

"Everything.."

Rose sighed as she pulled the blanket up higher.

"I'm not that interesting."

"Just give it to me."

"I don't know...I grew up in Houston, church family, always wanted to write and sing..." she sighed. "That's all you need to know."

He chuckled.

Before he was able to speak, his phone rang and he picked it up from the dresser next to them.

"Yo...oh shit...the fuck does she want?...nah...fuck—aight, I'll be there. Bye."

He hung up and quickly got up off the bed.

"Fuck, I gotta go deal with some shit..." he started putting on his jacket.

"What happened?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll text you when I get home." Abel came closer, kissing her lips before slowly pulling away, smirking. "Fuck, I wish I could stay." His voice was soft.

She was reluctant.