17. Snake

so you're just not going to answer?
-Me, yesterday 1:30 pm

????
-Me, yesterday 4:22 pm

can you at least send a good night or something? it's been three days. i know you're busy but i miss you
-Me, yesterday 8:45 pm

Rose woke up and the first thing she checked was her messages.

Nothing.

She let out a groan; she was fuming at this point.

It wasn't hard to find out where he would be though.

Rose looked up some fan accounts that reported his every move—turns out he was going to perform at a club in LA tonight.

All she needed to do was get through.

She quickly dialed up Frank's number, he was the only one that was pretty close with Abel.

"Hello?" Frank's voice was strained.

"Fuck, did I wake you up?"

"What time is it?" She could hear him yawn.

"Nine thirty."

"Nah, I'm supposed to be up anyway. What's up?"

"Do you have any VIP tickets or codes to get into Avalon? like tonight?"

"Avalon the club?"

"Mhmm."

"Uh, hold on." Frank could be heard moving through clutter in his loft. "Abel's performing there tonight, he sent me VIP. He ain't invite you?" He sounded shocked.

"He's not answering any of my fucking calls so I figured I'd go and see what the fuck was going on."

"Fuck. You want me to drop them off or?"

"You sure you're not gonna use them?"

"Nah, it's not my scene."

"I'll go pick them up tonight on my way there then."

She hung up.

...

It was close to the event time and Rose got ready. She used another tight dress and some heels just to camouflage into the crowd. She added dark eye makeup and undid her hair twists. She decided it'd be best to opt for a wig instead—the least like herself she could look like, the better.

She had bought a few wigs a couple weeks ago just for fun, and decided to go with a hot pink, short bob. It made her look mysterious and it was definitely a stark contrast from her usual self.

Rose took off the necklace Abel had gotten her and grabbed her stuff, making her way out.

...

Once at Frank's, she noticed a new car parked outside. Probably a new purchase?

Frank opened the door, his eyes widening as his mouth formed an O.

"Oh my god—,"

"It's scary right?"

"But it works," He looked her up and down, a grin on his face.

"Let me go get them upstairs," he shut the door behind Rose. "Tyler! look who's here nigga!" Frank shouted.

"He's here?!" Rose laughed.

That explained the car outside.

Tyler walked into scene with a bag of chips in his hand.

"What the fuck?"

"I know it's stupid."

"Nah, the wig is fire." He walked over as he eyed her.

"You think so?"

He nodded.

"You forreal doing this?" He asked lowly.

"Frank told you?"

He nodded.

"I feel like I don't have a choice at this point."

"I don't even wanna say what I want to."

"Say it."

He sighed.

"I'm just saying, I won't be surprised if he's cheating forreal. I told you since day one that nigga is fucking crazy."

Rose stayed silent, looking away annoyed.

"But I mean if that nigga really loves you then he wouldn't." He spoke.

Rose could tell he was just trying to make her feel better.

"Aight, found them," Frank came over with the passes in his hands.

"It's two of them?" She asked, taking them.

"Mhmm."

"You want me to go with you?" Tyler asked.

"Fuck no. You're too recognizable."

"I'll wear a beanie and a hoodie—,"

"He should go with you. It's dangerous alone." Frank interrupted.

Rose sighed.

"Fine. I'll wait in the car," she gave in.

...

"Here." Rose handed Tyler the pass as they got out of the car. She turned to face him. "Don't fuck this up for me." She jokingly stated.

"How would I even fuck this up?"

"Just stay low," she fixed Tyler's hoodie so it hung a little more over his head. "Put these on." She handed him a pair of dark shades from her bag.

"Hoodie ain't enough?"

She laughed.

They made their way to the front of the line, people scoffing as they watched them cut. The security eyed Rose.

"Here." She handed them the pass.

They scanned it, letting her through.

"He's with me," Rose pulled Tyler in before they would start to recognize him.

They passed through, the loud music blaring.

"Let's go to the bar and try to spot him," She shouted over the music. He nodded.

They sat near the edge and looked around, no sign of him. It was hard to even see.

"VIP's over there," Tyler spoke into her ear. Rose turned to look to the right of them, a platform with a bunch of people she kind of recognized. There was a couple strippers but Abel wasn't in sight.

"Shit."

Rose turned to look where T was eyeing.

Abel walking closer to them with another girl by his side.

"Fuck he's coming to the bar," Rose pulled Tyler back around quickly.

Rose tried to make out what they were saying.

"Bring the whole rack to the platform. And a few cigars too," He spoke.

Turns out she was just a server.

Rose turned slightly to catch a glimpse of him again, but he made his way back to the VIP section.

"Fuck," Rose looked down at her phone.

hey babe. i've been super busy, i'll pick you up tomorrow we can go out to eat. i miss you too
-Abel, 10:55 pm

She looked up to see Abel put his phone back in his pocket.

Tyler read the message.

"Now I feel like shit." Rose replied.

"Rose, look."

They looked back up at where Abel was.