30. Friends?

Two Weeks Later

"Holy shit, it's packed." Rose walked over to where Frank was.

"Told you it was gonna be big."

Rose looked around, Taco, Jasper, Wyatt walking over and greeting her. She rarely saw them now that Tyler wasn't much around. She greeted a bunch of Frank's and Solange's friends too.

The music was loud, and she had yet to see Tyler. It was nerve-racking.

"He's outside somewhere." Solange passed Rose a cold drink.

"Is Des here?"

"She's coming a little later, I think she had a shoot to do."

Two weeks had gone by and it had been hectic.
Interviews kept Rose busy, from writing and studio sessions with other artists. Just yesterday she was watching over Pharrell, who had invited her over to his sessions so she could learn more about production.

Everyday was a new discovery.

Yet, nothing kept her up like Tyler did. The thought of having to see him again was daunting. What would she say? Apologize for kissing him—of course, was her first thought.
But after that? The possibilities of what could happen to their friendship kept her head spinning.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom." Rose excused herself.

"There's one upstairs near the balcony that isn't busy." Solange smiled.

She made her way past some people through the hallway, past a glass wall that led to the outer patio with a huge pool, which Rose stopped to glance at.

Tyler sat outside talking with a few people, his shades on.

"Go."

Rose turned, a little startled.

"Fuck."

Frank laughed, moving past her as he made his way out. He slid the glass door shut. She watched as he sat next to T.

Frank pointed back at Rose, both turning to look at her. Shit.

Rose sighed, making her way up the stairs, where Solange had given her directions to.

She had been to Solange's a few times, but not enough that she'd ever been on the second floor. It was an perfectionist's dream home, everything symmetrical and minimal. It was the complete opposite of Rose's messily decorated loft.

After cleaning herself up, she noticed the balcony in front of the bathroom. It had a pretty view. She was able to look down at the pool from up here.

"Solo said you'd be up here."

Rose turned slightly, it was T.

She smiled, turning back to look at the view underneath. Her hands got clammy—nerves got at her.

"We haven't seen eachother in two months and you not gon' say anything?" He chuckled.

Rose rolled her eyes jokingly, hugging him as he got closer. She took everything in—the way he felt, his scent, the warmth from the sun on his shirt.

"I missed you." Rose pulled away.

"You look good. I been seeing you everywhere lately."

Rose furrowed her brows.

"You act like you ain't everywhere." Tyler smiled. He walked over to the balcony, looking down. "Heard the album. Comfortable, number..." he looked away in thought. "Seven. That one's my favorite."

"Hm."

T looked at her.

"What?"

"You never called...I didn't think you knew I dropped it."

He sighed.

"It's hella shit, Rose. I was busy all the time...you know how Des is."

"Look, about what happened the night you left," Rose began.

His eyes shifted back to her.

"I wanted to apologize for that. It was outta pocket...I don't know why I even thought to do that. It was stupid and inconsiderate especially since you and Des were together. I get that. And honestly I would've stopped talking to me too if I was you. It was fucked up..." Rose looked back over at Tyler.

He had a smirk on his face as he watched her fluster.

"Did you even listen to anything I just said?"

"I like hearing you talk when you get all nervous."

"I'm not even nervous!"

"Yeah, you start rambling to the point where shit doesn't make sense anymore," he smiled.

"I'm serious. Can we pretend it never happened? Go back to how things were before?"

Tyler eyed her, getting closer as he towered over her. His hand grazed her cheek as his lips lowered down to hers.

Rose moved away.

"Tyler don't," she breathed. "I'm just now getting over you."

He took a step back.

"I knew it was a bad idea—,"

"What'd you just say?"

"Nothing."

"You're just getting over me? Fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Rose was becoming agitated.

"It means I fucking meant that kiss. I like you, Tyler. I really do..." Rose sighed.

There was silence as Tyler seemed to take it in.

"So you're trying to get over me."

"What the fuck does it matter now? Des is probably looking for you—,"

"Because I'm trying to figure this shit out, Rose. That kiss the night I left fucked me up. I was so confused, I didn't wanna deal with it. That's why I didn't call you or anything. I didn't want to like you."

Rose lifted her brows in thought.

"Destiny was the distraction I needed to get you out my head that whole time," he sighed.

Rose watched him as he looked over the balcony, biting his lip. He couldn't even look at her—Tyler hated feeling vulnerable.

It was quiet for a moment before she spoke.

"I still like you." Rose got closer. "A lot."

He turned to look at her, chuckling.

"...But I just don't want to lose you if anything goes wrong." She spoke.

"I don't either."

"That's why I think it's safer if we stay friends. For now...you know, while we figure it all out."

T nodded, smiling.