27. Tour

One Week Later

It had been a few days since Tyler announced his two month tour for Igor, she hadn't seen him once since she last talked to Destiny.

They'd text here and there, but Rose was trying hard to stay away from him. Not because of Des—but because the feelings were becoming prominent. She'd always make up excuses so that she didn't have to see him.

What she did know was that T left for tour tomorrow morning.

Tyler kept bugging her about seeing eachother one last time—and tonight was the night.

Rose's anxiety has been up the roof all day today, not knowing how anything would unfold.

There was a knock.

"It's open!"

She called from the other side.

Tyler walked in, smiling as he set some snacks on the counter.

"Fuck, you been hiding from me huh?" he walked over.

"I've been busy!"

"Mhmm."

He sat on the edge of the bed, facing Rose.

"Toronto tomorrow."

"That's wild."

"Destiny's coming for the first month." He spoke.

Rose's expression shifted, her eyes moving away from him.

"You don't like her huh?"

"It's impossible to like everyone." Rose laughed.

"She don't like you either," he chuckled.

"She told you?" Rose furrowed her brows.

"Mm. She don't want me around you. After that interview came up..."

"That fucking interview..." Rose shook her head in annoyance.

They both continued to get support from fans online, which strengthened the rumors.

"You were looking at me some typa way though." Tyler joked.

Rose nudged him.

"According to the comments, you were too."

They spent the hour watching reruns of Freaks and Geeks, eating almost all the snacks Tyler had brought over.

It was 10 pm, and T began to get up after the episode ended.

"You leaving?" Rose asked.

"I should. I gotta be up at five tomorrow."

Rose got up as she followed him to the door.

He turned around, sighing.

Rose went in for a hug, digging her head into his chest.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"Me too," he breathed.

Rose let go, looking up at him.

There was brief eye contact before she looked away, Tyler nudging her.

"It's only two months—,"

"It won't be the same."

"I'll facetime you before the show tomorrow," he opened the door behind him.

"You promise?"

He nodded, smiling.

Rose said her final goodbye, shutting the door. She made her way over to the counter. She noticed something.

His wallet.

Fuck. Rose grabbed it, making her way out through the hallway and down a couple of steps.

"T!" she called, Tyler stood there, waiting for the elevator to open.

Rose jogged over.

"Your wallet, idiot." She chuckled.

"Shit—,"

Rose did it.

She took the back of his neck, pulling him in as she kissed him. It wasn't harsh, but it wasn't gentle either.

She'd been longing to taste him for the longest time—whether or not it was a mistake was something she didn't think about in that moment.

She was about to pull away before he took hold of her face, his lips moving along with hers for a few moments.

The elevator door opened, Tyler pulling away.

"I—," Rose couldn't let anything out.

Tyler walked into the elevator before it could shut.

They eyed eachother, but she couldn't make out the expression he had on his face. It wasn't disappointment, but it wasn't excitement either. He kept a neutral expression as his eyes trailed her, the elevator door completely closing.

Rose sighed, crossing her arms as she made her way back to her room. There was a weight lifted off her shoulders; but it didn't seem to feel any better.

...

The Next Night

Rose waited for anything—a text, call, but nothing came. His concert had begun, and the facetime he promised never came through.