2. Loner

Rose woke up from someone knocking on her car window.

She squinted, not realizing she had fallen asleep in the same spot in front of the coffee shop from last night.

She looked over, a familiar face greeting her.

She rolled down the window lightly.

"Fuck you doing sleeping out here?"

It was him.

"Shit—," Rose rubbed her eyes. "What're you doing out here?" She turned the question.

"Meeting someone for breakfast,"

Tyler took a few steps back as he looked at the car she was in.

"This is sick. It's yours?"

"No, my dad's." Rose opened the car door and shut it behind her while leaning back on it. She stretched a little, it was 8 am.

"I got the files last night, that one where you go, how could I love again...how could I ever ask for more..." He sang the hook as Rose smiled. "That one was...sheesh."

"It's my favorite—that i've ever written."

"You should come through the studio later. It's a song that I need vocals for," he adjusted his sunglasses. "The one I was telling you about last night."

Rose tried to act as nonchalant as possible, not wanting to show how excited she actually was.

"I'm gonna go clean up and you can just email me the address—,"

T laughed a little, eyeing the phone in her hand.

"You don't look like someone that'll fuck me over and expose my number so I'll just give it to you."

"Uh, yeah, okay," Rose passed him her phone as she unlocked it. He typed it in and texted himself. He pulled out his phone and gave her phone back to her.

He began to save her contact.

"Rose." He typed.

"That's me."

"I'll text you later then, be safe." He began to walk away.

She smiled back and stared down at the contact in her phone. She couldn't believe it.
Rose almost forgot she was living out of her car for a second.

...

"Have a nice day!" The gym receptionist smiled.

Rose faked a smile, making her way back to the car. She used the gym shower to clean herself up and get dressed.

She sighed, eating some fries she had in her car from the McDonald's breakfast this morning.

It was 2 pm and still no text from Tyler.
She began to get nervous.

Rose ignored the negative thoughts, sinking back into the seat as she watched fit people come in and out of the gym from the parking lot.

God, everyone seemed so full of themselves.

Realizing her tank was low, she made her way to the nearest gas station.

"Can I get 30 on pump 3?" She looked over at the cigarette container in front of her.

She's never tried cigarettes before, much less weed...or beer, any type of alcohol beverage in that case either—drugs, any type. If her parents were to find out she would've been on her death bed.

"And a pack of Marlboros please. Oh and a lighter."

Now, she had ultimate freedom to do whatever she wanted. It was freeing.