38. Lifetimes

Tyler opened his eyes lightly, the smell of frying bacon waking him up.

"Morning," Rose walked over, noticing.

"What time is it?"

"10 am."

"The fuck?" Tyler wiped his eyes, sitting up slowly.

After last night, they got back to Rose's place and fell asleep together not long after. It was around 1 am when they had gotten home, and she could tell Tyler was drowsy. She forced him to stay the night not wanting to risk him falling asleep at the wheel like he had previously done.

"This is the literally the latest you've woken up I think?" she smiled.

Rose made her way back to where she was cooking up breakfast while Tyler made his way to the bathroom.

"It's fucked up I kept a toothbrush here while I was with Des," T peeked out the door, foaming toothpaste at the mouth.

Rose laughed.

She placed an even amount of eggs and bacon in two separate plates while blending up a milkshake.

Tyler made his way over, pulling as chair as Rose placed two glasses in front of them.

"You don't wanna share the milkshake?" he grinned.

"You don't have to share everything in a relationship. You know that right?" she joked.

She could feel Tyler's stare as she poured in the shake.

"What?" she looked up.

"That was crazy." He paused, "you saying we're in a relationship."

"Get used to it." Rose turned to grab the plates next to the stove.

They talked about their adventure last night, Rose's phone lighting up.

"Who is it?"

Rose read the text.

you seen tyler? haven't seen him in a minute
-Frank, 10:35 am

Rose showed him the text.

"You wanna tell em?" T asked.

"Let's keep it a secret for a little bit."

Tyler agreed.

"My last show's tonight, by the way."

"I know." Rose smiled. "I'll be there."

...

"Thought you wasn't coming?" Frank got out his car as he met up with Solange and Rose.

"We made up," Rose shrugged nonchalantly.

"Mhmm," Solo laughed.

They made their way through the backstage area—it was about twenty minutes till showtime.

They could hear the shouts of people waiting for the concert to begin in the arena.

Soon, more of Tyler's friends showed up.

A few minutes later Tyler showed up, all dressed in the pink and red pants, still with his stray rats cap on, shirtless.

"They pressing my suit," he came over, greeting everyone.

He looked over at Rose, grinning slightly.

"When should we get to the balcony?" Solo asked.

"Uh, y'all should go, I gotta get dressed anyway." He looked at Rose.