13. Excuses

Rose woke up to a loud knock on her door.

She tried ignoring it but it only got louder.

"Fuck," She rolled out of bed, unlocking the door.

It was Tyler.

She sighed.

"Fuck, you didn't text me back or anything last night—,"

"I was fucking tired, T. He dropped me off and that was it."

"Nigga, I'm paranoid you being around him. Did you see that shit on twitter?"

"What?"

Tyler pulled something up on his phone.

He showed it to Rose.

A paparazzi picture of Abel smoking in his car before going into the party last night.

They were followed by pictures of him and Rose getting into the car and leaving together.

The title read The Weekend's Mystery Girl?

"Taco sent it."

"Fuck..." Rose sighed, walking over the kitchen island.

"Just, you know, stay safe." Tyler adjusted his hat.

"Where's my D'Angelo vinyl?" Rose changed the subject, grinning.

Tyler had a confused expression on his face.

"I set you up so you owe me."

"Shit," Tyler took a seat in front of her. "Aight, you win," he shrugged, "She's cool."

"That's it?"

"What?"

"Give me all the details!"

"We just talked about art and photographers and our lives and shit. Her music taste was aight. But overall you did good," he chuckled.

"Told you."

Tyler was silent before he spoke again.

"We hooked up."

Rose's eyes shot up.

"Like right after the set?"

"Yeah. We went back to mine and shit happened," he looked down, "we fucked like five times. Nigga, I haven't fucked like that since like, tour days."

"Glad you got it out of your system." Rose took a sip of her water. "But you still owe me that record."

He got up.

"I'll think about it."

...

Saturday Night

"This is Rose," Abel spoke, introducing her to his crew backstage.

"Finally," one of them replied. "Thought we was never gonna meet you."

It was about five people backstage, a bunch of his collaborators and friends.

"The show was amazing." Rose smiled at him.

"You liked it?" Abel gave her a kiss.

"Loved it."

They talked for a little more before she excused herself to go the restroom.

The show was fucking great, but after the weed she had smoked during it; she was more tired than ever. The smell was starting to make her head pound.