31. The One About Me

"You what?" Frank almost spit out his water.

"I told him we should stay friends. To stay on the safe side."

"So after he told you that he was in love with you that's what you told him."

"It was mutual!"

"This is why you're gonna stay fucking single." Solange replied.

Rose laughed.

They had breakfast at The Coop, a local breakfast joint they all loved. Rose recounted everything that happened with Tyler last night.

"You're never gonna know how it'll end if you don't try it with him."

"Yeah but what if we end up regretting it and it ruins our friendship?"

"But what if you end up getting married and having a million little Tyler's running around? Stop being so fucking negative!" Solange laughed.

Rose sighed.

"It's not that easy."

"Suit yourself," Frank smirked.

...

"So this is your new place?" Tyler walked into her new apartment she'd been wanting to show him.

"You like it?"

"It's nice. You know you could've stayed at mines as long as you wanted."

"It didn't sit right.."

He nodded, understanding.

T took a seat on the new couch.

It was silent before she spoke again.

"Stop making this weird."

Tyler laughed.

"Fuck did I do?"

"You're being quiet," she stammered.

T chuckled before speaking.

"Track 3..." he began.

She looked over at him from the counter.

"Is it about me?" he continued.

Rose sighed, track number 3 on her album was called Secret. It alluded to having a crush that she couldn't have.

"Maybe."

"And number 5."

"Was it obvious?" Rose smiled.

"How many of 'em are about me?"

She walked over.

"You gotta figure that out."

She sat herself next to T, plopping her legs up on his lap, like they used to do.

"You're still wearing it."

Tyler looked down at the necklace Rose had given him.

"Mhmm."

She inched closer, Tyler biting his lip.

The tension was high—she wanted to kiss him again. They could feel it; both were on the same page.

Rose could feel her heart beating through her chest.

She couldn't bring herself to it.

"Fuck." She got off the couch.

"What?" He sat up.

Rose shook her head, annoyed that her feelings couldn't be suppressed.

Tyler pulled her arm, Rose landing on his lap.

T sunk back into the couch as she cradled on top of him.

"Why you so tense for?" he asked.

She took his face in her hands, they couldn't take their eyes off eachother.

Rose pulled him in, kissing him.

The kiss was soft, gentle, before they sped up. It got tougher, Tyler moving her so she was under him. He kissed the side of her jaw; tracing back to her lips again.

But kissing wasn't enough, all the tension that had built up between them had to be alleviated somehow.

Rose tugged on Tyler's shirt as he took it off hastily before Rose took her's off too.

He touched her everywhere; as if he couldn't get enough. Their breathing fastened as they both unbuttoned their pants.

He kissed her stomach, his lips trailing her inner thighs. Rose turned slightly, opening the drawer next to them. She pulled out a condom.

"Where'd you get that?"

"They were Abel's..." she laughed.

"That nigga was good for something," he took it from her hands, gripping it on his teeth as Rose inserted her hand into his pants. He groaned slightly as she handled him, feeling him grow with every glide.

"Get down." He commanded, pushing her back on the couch.

They fucked hastily; as if they'd never get the chance to again. They tried to make it last as long as possible, Tyler pulling out and kissing her every couple strokes, making sure he didn't cum before she did.

"Fuck, right there. Don't stop."

She gripped onto his neck as he grunted with every stroke, their lips meeting eachother every few moments.

They came, Tyler landing beside her.

It was silent for a moment, both trying to catch their breaths.

Rose got up, Tyler following soon after as they both of them changed into their clothes.

"T..."

"I won't tell Des."

"I was just gonna say...it's better if we just..pretend this never happened."

Tyler agreed.

"I'll uh, I'll go."

"You got a..." Rose walked over, touching the red mark that slowly began to bruise on his shoulder. A hickey.

"Fuck."

He looked at it in the mirror before putting on his shirt.

"You seeing her tonight?"

"Nah. Not tonight."

She nodded. It was awkward enough.

"I'll see you later, then."