34. A$AP Part II

why the fuck would you do that?
-Me, Sunday, 10:34 pm

you looked stressed.
-Tyler, Sunday, 10:40 pm

so?? des could've seen.
-Me, Sunday, 10:42 pm

but she didn't.
-Tyler, Sunday, 10:45 pm

god you're so annoying
-Me, Sunday, 10:46 pm

see you @ rocky's.
-Tyler, Sunday 10:50 pm

Rose read through the texts she had with Tyler the night that mess happened.

A week later, and she was getting ready to go to Rocky's birthday. He had invited a bunch of close friends to a club in Hollywood.

Rose wasn't thinking of going, but all of that changed when she found out Tyler was going.

She wanted to confront him about whatever the fuck he thought was going on—he wasn't serious enough through text.

...

"It's stuffy as fuck in here," Rose greeted
Frank. "Where's Solange?"

"Bathroom."

Rose nodded, sitting next to Frank and his friends at the bar. The club was packed, of course. She took two shots, downing them before Solange made her way back.

"You look cute," Solange hugged her.

They talked for a while before Tyler showed up, Rose's attention back on him. He was with Destiny, of course.

The thoughts of what they had done behind her back quickly came to her mind.

She took her eyes off him as she watched him disappear into the other side of the club; a table in the back where her friends were.

"Y'all made it!" an already drunken Rocky made his way over, putting his arms around Frank and someone next to him.

"Wouldn't miss it," Frank laughed.

Rocky looked over at Rose, his huge smile fading into a sleek grin.

"I haven't seen you in a minute," Rocky set his full attention on her.

"Careful!" Solange nudged Rocky jokingly.

"Relax," he smiled. "You look gorgeous tonight."

"Thank you. Oh! and happy birthday." Rose chuckled. Her cheeks became warm.

"You tryna dance?" Rocky smirked.

"Oh–no...I don't—,"

"Just for a little. I'll bring you back in one piece."

Rose looked over at Frank and Solo, who had an amused look on their faces.

She took another shot before agreeing, following Rocky into the crowd.

The music was blaring, and the red lights made everything feel more amplified.

Rocky took hold of her waist; there wasn't any space between them as they moved against each other.

"How come we haven't talked in a minute?" he spoke into her ear.

"You never reached out."

He laughed.

Rose turned, her backside grinding against him as his hand trailer her back. She came back up and her eyes wandered off to a table a few feet away from them.

Rose watched as Des held onto Tyler's face, kissing him as gripped on her waist from his lap.

She rolled her eyes, turning back to Rocky as she flirted with him. It intensified—Rocky touching on her ass as she giggled loudly.

It was enough to catch his attention.

Rose could feel his glare from her peripheral vision.

She didn't look at him; pretending he hardly existed at all.

Rocky was a perfect target. He was drunk, handsy, and made sure to let everyone around him that tried to touch her know that she was dancing with him.

"I'm gonna go get some air," Rose breathed into his neck.

"Don't be too long."

She smiled, moving past everyone as she made her way up the balcony. She found an emergency exit that led to the roof.

Rose pulled out a cigarette from her bag as she lit it. She fixed her heel, patting down her dress as she looked at herself in the reflection in broken glass on the ground.

"You doing that shit on purpose?"

Rose looked over, Tyler walking over.

She blew out some smoke.

"I'm having fun."

"With Rocky?"

"Mhmm. You wanna watch?" she grinned jokingly.

"You're stupid."

"I'm gonna take him home, and we're gonna fuck. It'll be his birthday surprise."

"You're just saying shit—,"

"I told you. You can watch if you want—,"

Tyler pushed her back against the concrete wall, kissing her as she grinned under him.

She loved making him jealous. She loved having control. She realized if she didn't have control over anything else, she at least had Tyler tied around her finger. He got a taste of what she felt watching him be with Destiny.

She pulled away, taking a swig of her cigarette as Tyler parted his lips. She blew smoke into them before kissing him lightly again.

"You should go before she comes up looking for you."

Tyler nodded slightly, wiping lipstick off the corners of his mouth.

She watched him leave, annoyed.

She wasn't going to fuck Rocky. He was too much—Rocky brought too much attention to himself. Tyler was sly, nonchalant; yeah, he was loud, but T knew how to navigate situations. Rocky was so fucking full of himself.

She made her way back down, meeting up with Frank and Solange at the bar.

"Where were you?" Solo asked, obviously tipsy.

"Getting air."

She eyed Tyler. She couldn't keep her gaze off him.

"Shit, you don't know how to be lowkey at all."

"What?"

"Tyler. You still into him huh?" Frank laughed.

She stayed silent.