21. Break

Three Days Later

"Rose, can you fucking open this shit? It's been three days." Tyler spoke over the door.

Rose chuckled, the first time in days.

She'd been wallowing in heartbreak, sitting in front of the screen with nothing but chips and cigarettes.

As much as she told herself it didn't bother her, it did.

"Everyone's been trying to reach you," Tyler replied.

Rose could hear him slide down the door. He wasn't going anywhere.

She sighed, getting up and wiping her face in the mirror. She made her way over, unlocking it.

Tyler quickly got up, facing her.

"What happened?"

She broke down again.

Tyler took her into him, giving her the comfort she's been wanting.

"It's okay," he breathed.

Tyler understood the importance of just being there for her and not rush. He shut the door behind them as they walked back to the bed.

They sat on the edge as Rose tried to control her crying.

She breathed out.

"Fuck, I just feel so stupid!" She finally let it out.

Tyler only listened.

"He was fucking using me this whole time! and I knew it. I knew that he was cheating but using me? and he kept gaslighting me and making me feel like I was going fucking crazy!" She breathed out, standing up to grab another tissue.

She stopped to turn to Tyler.

"And you warned me."

"It was just an assumption."

"No, you told me multiple times to watch out. And I..." her eyes starting welling up again. "And I just ignored you."

"It's not your fault," he got up.

"Nah, I deserved it. I'm fucking stupid."

She gently fell back into Tyler's chest, her head laying on his chest. She could hear his heart beating relatively fast for some reason.

Rose pulled away, wiping her eyes again.

"I brought you something." He said.

She looked up at him, unsure.

Tyler walked to the counter where he had placed something earlier.

He handed it to her; the Vogue magazine spread she had done.

She smiled lightly.

"Oh my god, it's out?"

"Since yesterday. I was trying to call you..."

Rose flipped the pages, trying to find the one she was in.

"Page 9." Tyler put his hands in his pockets.

He already knew.

Rose flipped to it and found herself.

Her eyes widened. A two page spread of her interview,

Meet The Songwriter Writing Your Favorite Songs: Rose.

Chances are you've already heard The Weeknd's charting album, After Hours. The reason for it's success, Abel states in a Vibe Interview, is due to his songwriting secret, Rose.

She started reading aloud when she saw Tyler's name.

She's credited Grammy award nominated Tyler, the Creator for her success, saying that he discovered her at a local coffee shop.

When asked if he would manage her, she replied that it was far from that. "He's my best friend. I don't think it would work professionally. We play too much."

Rose smiled, looking up at Tyler.

She skimmed through the rest of the interview.

"I can't believe I'm in this."

"You should send a copy to your parents."

"Nah. Fuck them."

"Just to show them that you weren't fucking around."

She sighed, setting down the magazine.

"Thank you."

Tyler scoffed. "For?"

"For being the only one who's always been there for me."

They looked at eachother for a moment, Tyler hated serious moments. Much more when he was being thanked for something that came naturally to him.

"I brought bikes in the pickup, you wanna go? Sun's about to set."

He ignored the compliment straight away.

She chuckled, knowing he would.

...

"Aight y'all, move!"

The kids blocking the entrance were in shock.

Tyler and Rose had placed their bikes in the back end of the Golf shop, somewhere she hadn't been yet. They took a turn and decided to visit.

Rose took off her shades as they walked in, gasps filling the shop from the people that were already inside.

It was awkward, the way they just stared at T like he was unreal.

"Where's everyone?" Tyler walked over to the back, where Jasper and Wyatt skated with a few other friends.

"Taco just left." Wyatt spoke.

Rose greeted them as she sat up on the skate platform.

"Hi Tyler." A young girl and her friends came over to where they were. The little peep that came out of them was barely noticeable.

"Say it with your chest nigga." Tyler laughed.

They giggled.

"Can we get a picture?"

"Nah, but you can get hugs."

They talked for a little as Rose watched the way Tyler interacted. Even though he was all jokes and games in real life, the way he acted when he wasn't in the public eye was way different. He was more in tune, more intimate.

"Bye Wyatt! Bye Jasper!" One of them spoke as they began to leave. "Bye Rose!"

Rose furrowed her brows, confused.

Tyler laughed.

"How do they know me?" Rose asked, laughing.

"Whenever they see me hanging out with someone new they end up stalking the shit out of 'em. These niggas crazy."

"That's fucking weird."

"You'll get used to it."