32. Daydreams

One Week Later

This was a secret she had to keep to herself. No Solange, no Frank, absolutely no one could know about what had happened. Tyler and her had gone back to normal, as if nothing had happened, just like things were.

And she wanted it that way. It worked.

Rose had spent the last couple of days working; Tyler would text her with some stupid joke and Rose would laugh, reply, and continue writing–or producing, whichever one she was feeling that day.

She hadn't seen him since last time, her mind continuously wandering over to the little intricacies Tyler showed during sex.

His chain lingering over her lips as he grunted above her.

The hot shade of pink his lips turned after she pulled away.

The way he dug his face into the crook of her neck just when he was close to climaxing.

Then, as always, she caught herself; turning her attention back to whatever it was she was doing.

The constant cycle was a weird contradiction: she never wanted to see his face again, but on the other hand his face was constantly present even in her daydreams. Crushes sucked.

"What the fuck is she doing?" Rose chuckled, sitting on the counter of Solange's newly remodeled kitchen.

"Cleaning out the back room. She has a bunch of shit in there—," Frank looked over at Solange, who walked in with a stack full of old, dusty vinyls. She set them on the counter, grunting.

"Y'all want 'em?"

"You had all this shit back there?" Rose looked through them.

"It's more where that came from. Fuck."
She grabbed her phone, typing something in it.

Frank read through the back of an old Anita Baker record, Rose reading off the credits of another.

Solange's phone vibrated signaling a text.

"You leaving right?" Solange looked over at Rose.

"You kicking me out already?" she laughed.

"You just said you had work to do!" Solo looked down at the phone. "Tyler said he wants to look through them before I donate them. Can you drop them off on your way home?"

Rose looked up, unsure.

"Right now?"

"Mhmm. Unless you busy, I can just—,"

"No, I can go."

It was a good excuse to see him again.

...

Rose sighed, ringing the doorbell a second time.

Finally, Tyler opened the door.

"About time." Rose walked past him.

"Had my headphones in upstairs, my bad." He took them from her hand as he placed them on the coffee table in front of the couch. "What'd you pick out?"

"If I tell you you'd try to take them from me." Rose grinned.

He laughed, skimming through the vinyls.

"Is Des here?" Rose asked, looking around.

"Nah, she's on her way though."

"So she stays here now?"

"Sometimes."

"You should let her stay at that loft...since I moved out, you know."

Tyler chuckled to himself as he continued to eye the records.

"What's funny?"

He didn't reply. He shook his head, making his way over to where Rose was, by the staircase.

"Why you really here?" he asked.

"To drop off the vinyls nigga. Why else?"

"If you were you would've dropped that shit off quick and left."

Rose shrugged nonchalantly, "just wanted to see a friend I guess."

Tyler pulled on the belt loop of her jeans, cornering her to the back wall.

"Best friends do this?" he breathed, his hand slipping into her pants.

His left hand took hold of the back of her neck.

Rose closed her eyes, letting him feel her. Her lips parted as his finger moved her underwear to the side beneath her.

She let out a soft moan as he sucked on her neck. Her hands held the wall behind her, it felt as if she was melting into his grip.

Tyler's other thumb lingered on her tongue as he watched her in pleasure.

The moment was cut short—the doorknob turning. Quickly, Tyler pulled out his hand as Rose pushed him away, catching her breath.

"Hey babe—Rose?" Destiny shut the door behind her.

"I was just dropping off some stuff Solange wanted me to..." Rose grabbed her bag from the ground. "I was just leaving."

She moved swiftly past Tyler.

"Uh, text me so I can pick up the stuff you don't want. Solo wants to donate the rest—,"

"He can donate it himself." Destiny stammered.

Rose nodded, sighing as she shut the door behind her.

She made her way into the car, shutting the door.

Fuck. She could feel her cheeks heat up at the thought of what had happened.