23. Realtor

"I have another open house showing in about an hour." The real estate agent lady replied.

"I know, can we just wait a little? He should be here any minute."

They waited outside the studio, Rose checking her phone. Fuck, no sign of Tyler.

Another five minutes went by.

The agent walked over, ending the call she was on.

"You know what? we can start."

The lady smiled, opening the door as she made her way in, Rose following behind.

It was a spacious industrial studio with huge open windows.

"Luckily it'll be a quick tour—,"

"Sorry I'm late," Tyler stormed in, closing the door behind him.

"Tyler."

He took out his hand.

"Miranda." 

The lady continued.

"So, this is the kitchen area..."

"Fuck, sorry, I had to drop Wyatt and Travis off after lunch," he whispered.

"It's okay."

"...and over here we have the bathroom." They walked over to the only room in the studio loft. The bathroom was right across from it.

"Right here is the main studio space. A lot of my clients set up their art studious, production studios, whatever it is. It's a huge space," she smiled.

Rose and Tyler eyed around.

"It's a lot bigger than I expected." Rose spoke.

"You don't expect it from outside, but inside it's a lot roomier." Miranda spoke.

"It's real nice." Tyler walked out of the room.

"How much did you say rent was?"

"3,000 a month. Everything included. Water, electricity, trash. It's a great deal." The lady replied.

They looked around a little more.

"And this is the closest studio loft available?" Rose asked.

"Yup. The last one. Someone else is coming to check it out tomorrow, if you decline it."

Rose nodded.

"You gon' take it?" Tyler asked.

"Fuck, I don't know." She looked up at him. "Should I?"

"Your call."

The Realtor looked at her phone.

"I'd love to give you more time but I have to give a definite answer to my other client—,"

"I'll take it."

Tyler and the lady both eyed Rose at the same time.

"Oh...okay perfect! I'll keep in contact you this week and we can finalize everything then."

"You can stay to look around a little more if you'd like. I'll leave the lock here and you can just put it on the knob when you leave," she smiled at Rose. "Pleasure meeting you both."

Rose and T shook her hand.

"Thanks again!"

Once she left, Rose sighed.

"It's the one." She looked up at the ceilings.

"It fits you."

Rose walked over to the wall in front of the huge windows, sliding down on the ground.

"I can't believe I did it. It's like the first big thing I've bought with my own money."

Tyler sat next to her.

It was silent before she placed her head on his shoulder.

"You know you're the only one I got right?" Rose replied.

"What do you mean? you've made friends,—"

"They're more like acquaintances though," she kept her head on him. "You're real. I've never had a best friend."

"What?"

Rose looked up at him. "I've never been this close with anyone."

He grinned lightly.

"...I haven't either."