9. Ideas

It was Monday morning.

As Rose got ready for work, her phone rang.

It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Is this Rose?"

"Uh, yeah, who's this?"

"Hey, It's Frank. We met the other night. Tyler gave me your contact..."

"Oh shit, of course. How are you?"

He chuckled.

"I'm good. How are you though? You passed out cold at the club the other night," he laughed.

Rose cringed at the memory.

"Fuck, great first impression right?" she bit her lip.

"It was perfect—listen, I'm gonna be at the studio today working on some shit, you free?"

Shit. Rose looked at the time; 8:35. Work was at 9. Fuck that though. It was an obvious choice.

"...Rose?"

"Yeah! sorry I was just...yeah, I'm free."

"Cool, imma send you the info right now just let me know when you here."

He hung up.

Holy fuck.

Rose quickly put on something more appropriate instead of her work uniform.

...

Rose felt the butterflies in her stomach as she made her way to the loft—it wasn't a regular studio. It was literally an apartment loft building; like hers but way nicer. She rang the doorbell and a few seconds later a familiar face opened the door.

"Oh my god, hi." Rose went in for a hug, still feeling like it wasn't real at all.

"Hey, come in," he shut the door behind her.

"I thought you lived in New York?" Rose eyed everything inside.

"I do, I have properties here and there. Got tired of being over there," he smiled. "Studio's over here."

Rose followed behind him to another space in the back. It definitely looked like a professional studio space for sure.

As Rose walked in, she noticed her.

Rose stopped in her tracks.

"I didn't know you'd be here—," Rose walked over in a state of shock.

"I'm always here. You'll get used to me." She stood up, giving Rose a hug. "I'm Solange."

"Rose, it's so nice meeting you." She tried to keep it all in.

They sat by each other; Frank slumped in a loveseat, Solange smoking weed across from him in a very expensive Eames chair, and Rose sat across from them both in another loveseat.

It was hard getting comfortable when you were basically face to face with people you've admired for years.

They talked for a good half hour about how they'd met—both Solange and Frank were pretty much best friends, along with Tyler who would occasionally join the two.

Slowly, Rose opened up.

They talked about their recent trip to Italy, how Tyler spontaneously hit them up and told them to pack up and meet him at his place. From there, they hit up dance clubs in small Italian towns which strengthened their friendship even more.