24

??? ??, 2037

??:?? ?.?.

I woke to the feeling of something cold and damp being placed on my forehead. It sent chills up my spine. Carefully, I let my eyes flutter open. Namjoon was sitting in front of me, his hands gently placing a washcloth on my head. That reminded me of what had happened. I was still pretty warm, but I felt better overall. 

"Are you awake?" Namjoon's voice was soothing. I always seemed to forget that about him. 

"Mm," I simply let out a grunt to answer him. 

"Thank goodness. You really scared me for a minute," He smiled gently at me. "Must I remind you to crack the window when you shower so that you don't overheat? Of course, who even takes showers that hot?"

I let out a chuckled before sitting up slightly. Namjoon was smiling and teasing me, but I could tell he really was worried. I sighed before reaching up and grabbing his hand off of my forehead. I pulled his arm down and rested it on his own lap, my hand still holding his. 

"I'm sorry that I worried you again," I said with half a smile. "Thank you for taking care of me while I was out. I guess I should warn you that I faint easily."

"I think I figured that one out on my own," Namjoon laughed loudly. "Should I start keeping count of how many times you've fainted and lost your balance in front of me? I think we'd be in the hundreds by now."

"Yah, don't make me angry with you," I joked. 

Namjoon then looked down at our hands and sighed slightly. His face seemed to drop like it had when I rushed out this morning. I always wondered what he was thinking about when he did that. 

"What all do you remember?" He said quietly.

"Well, I remember getting out of the shower and feeling hot. And then I left the room and couldn't breathe very well. Next thing I know I'm waking up on the couch. Other than that, I barely remember anything. Even this morning is a blur to me," I told him. I was being honest, too. I couldn't really remember anything after stepping out of the shower. 

I guess I had decided to not tell him that he confessed to me without realizing it. There was no reason to stress him out. I needed to figure out my own feelings before worrying about his. The fact that I almost had a panic attack when he told me how he felt about me brought the question into focus. Did I like Kim Namjoon? 

It didn't seem too impossible the more I thought about it. My argument that he was a good looking guy with a kind personality just added on to why I would like him. Yet, if that were the case and I had feelings for Joon, I was now living with him! What if his confession really was just some nonsense that he muttered in his sleep. Just because he had said it never meant it was genuine. 

"You know, it's nearly night time now. Seokjin and Jungkook are dropping some dinner by at any time now. Let me go grab you some clothes," Namjoon said, taking his hand away from mine. He helped me sit up more and then retreated to the bedroom. 

When he returned, he not only had an outfit for me but a glass of water and some head medicine as well. I smiled as he returned and sat beside me again. He set the clothes on my lap and then gently took my hand. He placed the medicine in my palm and then waited for me to put the tablets in my mouth before giving me the glass as well. I smiled and simply gave him a nod in thanks. 

I unfolded the outfit Namjoon had brought me and realized that they were his clothes. The sweatshirt was large and tie-dye. It was blue and white and reminded me of the sky on a spring day. He had also brought me some white sweatpants that looked like they would drag on the floor if I wore them. Namjoon's legs were freakishly long. 

When I put the outfit on, I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it was

When I put the outfit on, I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it was. I smiled as I thought about how Namjoon must have thought this thoroughly out. I was hot so he gave me something oversized and comfortable so that I wouldn't get chilled but also wouldn't overheat. I could breathe easily since the clothes were oversized and air could get through. 

"You look good in my clothes," Namjoon commented as he walked past me to the fridge. "Want something to drink?"

"Uh, water is fine," I said. He complimented me so casually. But what was that tone when he said it?

"Here you go," He smiled widely as he handed me a newly filled glass of water. 

Namjoon sat next to me as he cracked open a can of beer. I expected him to turn on something to watch on the little television he had set up in the living room. He never did. Instead, he turned and looked at me. I could feel his gaze on me as a drank my water steadily. It helped cool me down but, with Namjoon's eyes on me, I felt like I was just heating back up. I wanted to cover my face and hide because I knew I was blushing. 

It made me think. Did Namjoon know I heard him confess to me? He was acting differently. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Even more so, however, had I realized I had feelings for him? I didn't think feelings could develop so quickly. It also felt like I had known him for years, though. Time seemed to pass slower when I was with him. A day felt like a month when I was by his side. Not that that was a bad thing. 

More than anything, though, Namjoon was different. He was seriously different. So maybe it really wasn't as impossible to develop feelings this quickly as I thought it was. Imagining myself as Namjoon's significant other made my heart race. Just imagining it gave me butterflies. Just imagining it made me feel one hundred times happier than I ever was with Jabeum. 

Maybe I did have feelings for him. After all, when I woke up in his arms, I didn't move away. For some reason, I felt like if it were anyone else I would have kicked and screamed and scolded them. Yet when I noticed I was being held in Namjoon's arms I didn't want to move. I wanted him to keep holding me there like that. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I really did have feelings for Kim Namjoon. That brought me back to reality.

"Joon, I need to tell you something-"

In an instant, my words were cut off by Namjoon's lips crashing into mine. 

1185 words