14

May 18, 2037
??:????

"Hush, she's waking up."

The voice was whispering, yet it felt as if I had just been yelled at. My hands flew to my ears and covered them. Everything was so loud, a piercing ringing had flooded my ears. I sat up from where i was and opened my eyes. Namjoon was looking straight into my eyes. My heart ached for a moment, though i wasnt sure why.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

"I think so. I'm not sure what happened," I replied, lowering my hands.

"You went to say goodbye to Kyungmin but slipped on some spilt water. You grabbed the table but knocked the silverware off and landed on a knife. You hit your head and passed out. I can't believe how accident prone you are," Jungkook explained as he popped out from behind Joon.

"I dont remember anything. It's all a blur. Where are we?"

"Youre in my room," a deep voice answered from the door.

I glanced over and saw Yoongi standing at the door. He was tall, not as tall as Namjoon, but tall. Also, he was thin and had an extremely cool aura. He flipped his hair out of his face when he looked up, revealing his expression. He was frowning, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. His features were soft and almost feminine, but it didnt take away from his masculinity, it simply made him extremely beautiful. He walked over and bowed slightly.

"I'm Min Yoongi. I know you saw a bad side of me earlier, I apologize for that."

"Don't worry about it. I'm Y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you."

My face twisted as I reached up to my arm. I reached to where pain had just shot through. I felt warm blood trickle down my arm as i touched the sloppy bandage. Once one of the boys in the room saw the blood, it was utter chaos.

"Oh no, she's bleeding! She's bleeding, what do we do!?"

"I told you that you suck at putting on bandages!"

"Yeah and you were too freaked out to do it so i had to!"

"GUYS WHAT IF SHE BLEEDS OUT?"

I let out a laugh as I reached to the bedside table and grabbed the damp cloth that they had had on my forehead. I set it on my arm after wiping up the blood.

"Do you guys ever stop bickering?" I smiled softly.

I glanced at Namjoon who was staring at my arm. His hands were together, his head resting on them. He looked lost in his thoughts. The rest of the boys in the room helped me get a new bandage on, then left Namjoon and I alone.

I looked down at my lap as we sat in silence. It took a moment for Namjoon to look up. He glanced around, noticing that were alone then lat out a low laugh.

"Ah, sorry, Y/n. I didn't realize that they left."

"What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing important," Namjoon looked at me carefully. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"I don't remember the things that Jungkook said happened happening. Like everything is a blur but it doesn't feel like that's what really happened."

"I dont think any of us know for sure. You need to focus on getting better first. We have classes tomorrow, so we need to get back. Unless, of course, you want to stay."

"Namjoon," I let out a small breathe. "Please don't change the subject."

I couldn't look at the man in front of me. I could feel his gaze on me, however for some reason I was aching. When I looked at him, my heart hurt.

"I need to know what happened. Something's wrong with me. I can't explain it, but there's something wrong."

"How so?" Namjoon's voice was soft and calm.

"I told you, I can't explain."

"Then try."

I looked up, straight at Namjoon. I looked at him and sighed. My hand reached up to his shoulder as i ran my fingers down his arm. I shook my head and dropped my hand.

"When I look at you, I feel like crying. I feel like giving you a hug. I don't know what it is, but when I look at you, I feel this need to comfort you," I started softly. "I didn't feel this before. I only ever felt safe and happy when I looked at you. I never felt the need to comfort you and now I do. It just happened out of nowhere, I ache for you."

Namjoon looked away halfway through my explanation. He stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I tried to stand up. Overwhelming anger washed over me as Namjoon stayed silent, his back turned to me.

"What is this?" I snapped, tears starting to stream down my cheeks. "I love being with you. You and your family. I've had so much fun, I've felt so accepted and welcome. You've protected me when I refused to believe that I needed help. You've been there for me before you even knew my name. I started putting my trust in you, Kim Namjoon. And now? Now you won't even tell me the truth. I don't know if this is your way of taking care of me or whatever crappy excuse you want to use, but I don't believe you. There's something in me that just refuses to let me believe that whatever the hell is going on with you is too dangerous to tell me. You're breaking my heart, Namjoon. I really was putting my trust in you. And now? Now I feel so betrayed."

I had to stop talking as my voice was raised and had begun to shake. My anger turned to sadness as my legs gave out and I fell back to the bed. Namjoon had froze where he was, still silent.

Finally, I stood up and stormed out. I was dizzy, my steps wobbly. But I continued forward. I wiped my eyes as I headed towards the door, slamming it open.

However, I too, slammed into something.

Or, someone.

1027 Words