16

May 19, 2037
8:29 AM

I had to choose now. Did I pick up and talk to Namjoon? Did I act like nothing happened and just pick up? Or did I just leave it and stay mad?

I watched as my phone buzzed, a picture of Namjoon and I lit up on the screen. I was torn between the two options I had, not knowing what to do. As much as I wanted to pick up and ask when I'll see him again, ask when I'll move into his apartment and talk to him. As much as I wanted to hear his laugh or just his voice, I was still hurt. I felt so stupid. I had just met him, his family, I had no right to know their secrets and it shouldn't have mattered to me. Yet it did. It did, because he and his family had mostly welcomed me with open arms. They had taken care of me. He had taken care of me. I had put my trust in him though it was hard for me after Jabeum. That trust had been shattered as soon as it appeared. It was shattered because he refused to tell me what had been my business.

I sighed as i dropped my phone down on the bed and walked away. I grabbed my bag and closed my door as I left the room. I headed towards my class, leaving the call in the back of my mind.

May 29, 2037
7:31 AM

I still hadn't spoken to Namjoon.

I sat up in bed and grabbed my phone. I scrolled through some texts and emails before turning it off and standing up. I dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I was planning on going shopping and out to coffee with a new friend from my English class.

Namjoon had called once everyday since I had stormed off. He hadn't been to class, or I hadn't seen him in class. Him nor Seokjin.

I shook the thoughts of Namjoon out of my head and grabbed my outfit of the day. I was going to wear a nice black turtle neck with a pleated pink skirt. I slipped on some thigh high black socks and my new pair of black floral heels.

When I finished my makeup and hair, I retreated to my bed to get my phone and texted my friend

"On my way, meet you at your dorm!"

May 29, 2037
10:14 AM

"I think we all really needed this break," I laughed as we walked down the street.

"I mean, a week off is short to me!"

We both laughed and slid into Etude House, our favorite makeup store. We walked around for a couple minutes before i let out a loud exclaimation.

"Kang Seulgi, how dare you not tell me!" I scolded as I pulled her towards an ad that she had modeled for.

"I don't talk about my modeling much," Seulgi responded shyly

"You're so pretty, I should have known."

"You're pretty too, you should try modeling. I'm surprised you haven't been recruited," Seulgi nodded her head with a smile. "Yes, I can see it now. You'd be the most popular model here."

"You're funny," I nudged her arm. "Come on, let's keep looking. We should go to coffee soon."

We continued shopping and ended up buying way too much. Of course, we decided to go clothes shopping as well. Then, we somehow found ourselves in a plushie store. It had been so fun, however, that by the time we got to the coffee shop it was already almost evening.

"I'll buy us some dinner," I suggested.

Seulgi smiled and nodded as we sat down. We chatted softly as we waited to eat. Once we got our food it got quiet, we were both so hungry. Even when I had finished eating, I sipped my coffee and sat back in my seat.

It was quiet and relaxed. Then, it wasn't. A silent, yet large commotion started out of nowhere. Whispers erupted from the customers. Seulgi and I looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. I was curious, too, until my eyes landed on none other than Jung Hoseok. Of course, his eyes wandered to mine.

"You, you're Namjoon's friend!" Hoseok let out a loud laugh.

"Jung Hoseok, right?" I smiled slightly. His smile was contagious.

"And you're Y/n?"

"Ah, this is Kang Seulgi. She's a friend from school, too."

"It's nice to meet you! Would you mind if I sat with you both?"

Seulgi smiled widely and shook her head. She sent me a wink when Hoseok left to order.

"You sure know all the cute, famous guys," she giggled. "Wow, I'm jealous of you."

"Famous?" I asked quietly. Seulgi's eyes widened.

"You don't know? Hoseok's stage name is J-Hope. He's a famous busker in Hongdae. Everyone's heard of him, I'm surprised you didn't know."

It didn't surprise me. We weren't in Hongdae right now, so it made sense that he wasn't at the Kim house when I got there. His build was definitely that of a dancer, and his aura was really charismatic. If I thought about it, though, all of Namjoon's brothers seemed to have that build.

"I haven't seen Namjoon since you stormed out of our house that night," Hoseok spoke up once he had returned. "Have you heard from him?"

"He calls me everyday. He hasn't been at school, him nor Seokjin," I sighed then looked up. "I haven't answered his calls, I'm sorry. I would have answered if I'd known he hadnt been around."

"Seokjin and Jungkookie left for Hongdae a few days after you left. They're coming back tomorrow, so Jin will be in class again soon," Hoseok smiled weakly. "If he calls you again, pick up. I'll be asking a favor."

"I'll make sure she does," Seulgi joked and nudged my arm. "She's with me a lot."

I let out a low laugh and smiled. Hoseok was really sweet. I'm sure Namjoon had learned it from him. We sat and talked for a long time, so long that Seulgi excused herself and returned to her dorm. She texted me a wink emoji later on.

Hoseok and I left the cafe and walked in the dark for a while. We talked a lot about Namjoon, which had been my fault. I asked a lot of questions.

"I just realized I'm really curious," I laughed lightly. "Sorry about that."

"I don't mind. Namjoon is a great man, I've learned a lot from him. I like talking with you about him," Hoseok smiled at me brightly.

As we continued walking, my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I grabbed it quickly, thinking it was Seulgi. However, it was Namjoon.

"That's weird, Namjoon usually only calls me once a day," I thought out loud.

"He's already called today?" I nodded in reply. "Answer."

I quickly pressed the green button on my phone and said hello. It was quiet for a second before I could hear breathing from the other line.

"Namjoon?" I asked quietly.

"Y/n," I jumped at his voice. He didn't sound very good.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Where are you?" I asked frantically. Hoseok grabbed my shoulder when tears started welling in my eyes. I was terrified. Namjoon's answer terrified me.

"Y/n, save me, please."

1237 Words