15

May 18, 2037
11:32 PM

I stumbled back slightly as the collision caused me to lose balance. A hand grabbed my arm to keep me from falling, which I quickly gripped back. When I could finally stand straight again, I looked at the hand I was holding tightly.

"I'm so sorry," I said quickly, dropping the hand. "I didn't mean to, I wasn't looking-"

"It's perfectly fine," I looked up at the man who was smiling widely. "I don't believe we've met. My name is Jung Hoseok."

"I'm Y/n," I caught the man's eyes and gasped slightly.

His eyes were dark brown, but there was color in them. Bright gold and almost an orange color to match his orange hair. His eyes were sparkling with the gold. He was wearing glasses, which made it more difficult for me to see the color, but they were beautiful.

"May I ask what you're doing in our house?" He laughed lightly. "Or more so why you're storming out of it?"

"Because of me," Namjoon's deep voice rose behind me. "What are you doing here, hyung?"

Hoseok's eyes went dark for a moment as Namjoon asked his question. The bright smile faded to a deep frown.

"I could ask you the same question, Kim Namjoon."

"Hobi hyung!" Jungkook's bright voice rose as the three youngest rushed towards Hoseok.

He gave Namjoon another slight stare before turning to the others and smiling brightly. He hugged the three of them tightly and greeted them. I turned to Seokjin who was standing in the doorway beside Namjoon. He was heavily observing everything, his eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed. I couldn't make out what to think of this man. He was so bright, his presence in the room had lit up everything. Yet, he seemed to have beef with Namjoon.

I looked around once more as Yoongi walked into the room. Taehyung caught sight of Yoongi and froze, causing the room to go silent. I backed up slightly, leaning against a wall for support. My head was pounding. I glanced at Namjoon, but his eyes were glued to Hoseok.

"Taehyung," Yoongi said softly. He held out is hand and nodded the younger over.

Taehyung looked down slightly then stepped forward. He, too, reached out his hand and grabbed Yoongi's carefully. They intertwined their fingers and gave each other a soft smile.

"Forgiven?" Taehyung asked. Yoongi nodded and pulled Taehyung in for a hug. When they pulled back, their hands remained gripped together.

"They hold hands when they fight. They can't stay mad at each other when they do that," Hoseok leaned over and explained.

I nodded slowly as I tried to stand again. I needed to leave, I wanted out. I took a step forward and stood for a moment before stumbling towards the door.

"I'm going now," I said softly before opening the door and stepping out.

I heard Namjoon call out for me as I left as quickly as possible. I broke out into a sprint and ran until I felt like I would pass out. When I stopped, I found myself at Min's doorstep.

Min lived alone. She lost her parents during highschool, and with no siblings all she had was me and her shop. She lived above her shop and had often had me over when we were younger.

I set my hand on the door before hitting it lightly. I only had to wait a minute before the door opened carefully. Min stood there in her PJ's, yawning.

"Y/n?" She mumbled out. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head slightly before she opened her arms and pulled me into a tight hug. I let the tears I had been trying to hold back fall as I quietly cried into her shoulder. We stood there for the longest time before I pulled back and we went inside. She let me in without a question, she had always been like that.

"What happened?" Min asked quietly.

"Remember when I told you I needed to update you when we had a sleepover?" I replied.

"Spill. Tell me everything. You're staying the night, I don't care what you say, you're stuck here," Min said quickly, pulling me upstairs to her room.

We both washed our faces and brushed our teeth, then I borrowed some pajamas and we sat in Min's bed. Once we had settled down, I told her everything. From the letter to meeting Namjoon to the assault in the street. I told her about Namjoon and how betrayed I was feeling. I told her how heartbroken I was. And she listened.

She listened to every word very carefully and didn't interupt me. She didn't say a word until I was finished. She cried when I cried and she laughed when I laughed. Through it all, she stayed right with me.

When I had finished, it was around 2 AM. Min comforted me and we talked until 2:30, then fell asleep.

That night, I dreamt of the stars.

May 19, 2037
8:13 AM

I woke to the smell of breakfast and to the sound of a piano. I smiled as I crawled out of Min's bed and rushed to her living room. I sat and watched as she finished playing a piece on her piano. I clapped when she finished, causing her to  jump and slip around on the stool she had been sitting on.

"Yah, don't scare me. I made breakfast, it's in the kitchen. It's your favorite!" Min smiled as she stood and walked with me.

"Thank you a lot, Min. I needed this," I said as I grabbed an apple and a plate of food. "I'll have to hurry back home to make it in time for my classes."

"I can give you a ride, no problem."

We quickly ate then jumped into Min's car. She got me to the university in ten minutes. I thanked her as I rushed out of the car and to my almost empty dorm room. I had gotten rid of a lot since the incident. I smiled sadly as The memories of the last time I had been in here filled my head. I opened my phone to Namjoon's name and contemplated calling him. Then, his name popped up on my screen and I only had two choices.

Answer or decline.

1061 Words