3

<-May 17, 2037->
7:38 AM

I opened my eyes slightly to see a pair of legs standing in front of me, protecting me from the other three, two of which were getting off the ground. The mystery man's left ankle was litered with two almost star shaped birthmarks, he was wearing a grey scarf with a blue button up and light grey sweater, as well as nice black, cropped pants. This made his ankles visible. His hair was a purpleish pink color and he had an undercut. From the back, I could see that he was wearing glasses, but I couldn't see his face. His right hand was dripping blood from the knuckles, however he seemed unbothered.

"Dude, this is none of your business. Leave the chick and get out," Jabeum snapped. He came up to the man's eyebrows, but had to look up slightly to look into his eyes. The mystery man held his ground as he took off his sweater and dropped it, right ontop of me. I quickly grabbed it and put it on, then looked up at the man once more.

"The door was open. It was very much so my business. No lady should be treated as you are treating this one. I could hear her screaming for help, which means that I had every right to save her from you three douchebags," The man's voice continued to be stern and unbothered by the other three. He then turned his back on them and looked down at me.

I looked into his eyes, but couldn't see their true color as he was wearing colored contacts. I was taken aback by how handsome this man was. He knelt down and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and used the other hand to help me up. He quickly rushed me out of the room.

Jabeum screamed after me as we ran as fast as we could. The man took me to his car and quickly helped me inside before speeding out of the parking lot and leaving behind the three men who had just attacked me.

I felt emotionless. I felt violated and terrified still, despite being safe. I stared out the car's window and listened to the man's breathing before jumping when he spoke, though he was gentle and quiet.

"What's your name?" He asked softly.

"Y/n," I managed to choke out.

"Y/n," he repeated breathily. "My name is Namjoon."

"Like the star?" I looked over at him as he smiled gently.

"Yeah, like the star."

"Why did you help me?" I asked shakily.

"Because when I heard you scream, I can't describe it, but I felt like I had this responsibility to help you. Not like it was a job, but like I was meant to be there to save you. All I can feel is this strong desire to keep you safe."

A wave of calm rushed through me as he finished his explanation. I suddenly felt genuinely safe. As if nothing was going to hurt me as long as I was with this stranger. It felt nice.

"Where are we going?"

"My apartment. I'll get you some clothes and wrap your wrist, then we're going to go get some breakfast. Is that alright?" He asked kindly.

"Yeah. That sounds nice."

We drove in silence for a while, and I couldn't help but stare at Namjoon. He had a defined jawline and perfect skin. His lips were plump and large, their pink color made them almost look like he was wearing lip coloring.  Even his ears seemed to be the perfect size, as odd as it may sound. Suddenly, Namjoon reached up and unwrapped his scarf. I noticed that he had two more birthmarks on his neck, once again shaped almost like stars.

"Put this on your legs, you have goosebumps," Namjoon said as he handed me the unraveled scarf.

"Mm. Thank you," I replied almost silently.

The car went quiet again as I continued to stare at Namjoon in wonder. His profile was perfect. And it seemed like he was as well. What intrigued me the most, however, was just how much he was like Namjoon. The star, Namjoon.

The star's 'personality' had been confirmed by some astronomers. I don't know how they could find a personality for a star, but I found it interesting.  Namjoon was kind and gentle, he was good at heart and always saw the good in people as well. As a person, he would be handsome and tall, slim and fit. Namjoon was nicknamed 'The Protector'.

"We're here," Namjoon's deep voice spoke up as the car came to a stop. He quickly got out and circled to my side, opening the door and helping me out.

I nodded at him in thanks and walked with him, my legs still weak making it difficult to walk without his support. Luckily, he lived on the fifteenth floor, so we didn't have to go up stairs, but could ride the elevator. As Namjoon requested the elevator, he sat me down on a couch. I stared at the floor, the events of fifteen minutes before replaying over and over in my head. I felt like I was going to throw up.

Namjoon came back and kneeled down to look at me in the eyes. I could barely look him in the eyes. He opened his mouth just slightly, as if he wanted to say something but wasn't sure. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked down before looking back at me. Then he said the question I was silently praying he wouldn't ask, because I knew I would break down.

"Y/n," he said gently. "Are you okay?"

My eyes immediately flooded with tears as I looked down and bit my lip. I tried so hard to keep my tears from falling, but to no avail. Namjoon touched my shoulder carefully as he tried to get me to look up. I shook my head, slightly at first, then letting my tears fall, I let out a tiny 'no'.

And without thinking, I threw my arms around him and cried into his chest.

1023 Words