8

<-May 18, 2037->
12:35 PM

"How long have you lived here, Y/n?" Seokjin asked as he ate.

"I moved here when I started at university. Its been almost two years now," I explained. "My parents used to bring us up here all the time to vacation. I never even thought about studying up here until I was graduating high school."

"Im glad you chose this school then," Seokjin smirked.

"When did your family move?" I asked.

"Actually only about a month or so ago," Namjoon said cautiously.

I choked on my water slightly, quickly setting it down to wipe my chin. Seokjin started to laugh at me as I dried my face. The coincidences just kept coming. Namjoon and his family moved here a month ago, the meteor shower was a month ago. Namjoon and Seokjin were both named after stars.

Well, Seokjin was close to Jin which is a star close to Namjoon so it reminded me of him. Either way, they were the exact replicas of the stars in which they were named after. It was odd.

"I brought the family up because I wanted to go to uni, and I wanted them to get the best of their education as well," Seokjin said after he had stopped laughing.

"You take good care of them," I smiled gently. "So why did your parents adopt so many children?"

I paused slightly before almost standing up and apologizing. I quickly swallowed my food and looked at Seokjin apologetically.

"If you don't mind my asking of course. I don't mean it as a bad thing," I quickly clarified.

"No, don't worry about it," Seokjin laughed lightly. "I'm not entirely sure to be honest. But they took care of us."

Namjoon gave Seokjin an odd look before wiping his mouth and shoving his plate back slightly. He stood carefully and pushed in his chair.

"I'm going to use the restroom, be right back," He said.

I nodded and continued eating. Namjoon wandered off as Seokjin picked up his water to drink. Then, I heard a loud, high pitched yelp. I jumped, looking up at Seokjin. He was staring at his pants in terror.

"I just spilt so much on my pants. These are brand new," he groaned loudy. "I'm gonna go get this out before it stains."

"Remember to dab, not rub!" I teased as Seokjin ran off to the bathroom.

I quickly finished my meal as they finished in the bathroom. Auntie walked over and sat with me smiling at me gently.

"You seem to have some good friends," she complimented happily. "How's things with your boyfriend? Would he like you going out with boys like this?"

"Ah, we broke up yesterday. He did something terrible, Namjoon came to my rescue," I explained.

"Well, if I ever see him around here again I will refuse him service!"

I let out a short laugh and thanked her before she stood and wandered back to the kitchen. Namjoon came back first, smiling widely when he saw me. He grabbed all of our empty plates and took them back to the kitchen, earning praise from Auntie. Seokjin returned a few minutes after, giving me a thumbs up and showing me his newly cleaned pants.

When we all were gathered back at the table we grabbed our things, pushed our chairs in, and prepared to leave. Namjoon and Seokjin seemed to glow in the darkness of the small restaurant. I smiled slightly as they bickered over a pen. There was something about them that sent a wave of calm over me.

"Hey, I'm gonna run out and see if a shop is open, you guys find your pen. I'll be right back," I laughed as they simply nodded and continued fighting.

I left the restaurant and headed towards a small clothing store that I often shopped at when I came to Auntie's. They had changed their schedule so I wasn't sure if they were open or not. I walked up to the front entrance and smiled as the door was open. I slid in and walked to the front counter.

"Y/n? It's been so long!"

"Hey, Min," I smiled at my friend. "Man, I really need to get a better nickname than our gradeschool one don't I?"

"I don't know, I think it's pretty great," She laughed lightly. "What's been going on with you?"

"A lot, actually," I said with a frown. "But I'll leave that to a sleepover to go over. I was actually wondering if you still had that book that I used to borrow all the time in high school."

"The astronomy one?" She asked before turning and retreating to the back room. "This one."

Min returned within a second with the exact book in her arms. I smiled widely and nodded. I skimmed through the worn pages and took a long breath. I had always had this book on my side during High school. It felt like a piece of me had been returned now that I was reunited with it.

"You don't mind if I borrow it again, do you?" I asked, still looking at it.

"No, in fact, I want you to have it."

My head flung up as I stared at Min in shock. Even though I had loved it so much, it was special to her as it had been given to her by someone very dear to her. Now, she wanted to give it to me.

"Min, I can't do that," I said softly. "It means so much to you."

"You mean more to me than he did anyway. Please, I want you to have it. You use it more than me, I'd rather have it being used than gathering dust."

I rushed behind the counter and wrapled my arms around my friend. She immediately did the same. We had known each other for out whole lives. And though she was such a big part of mine, and I hers, we never saw each other. We rarely talked. But when we did, it seemed like nothing had seperated us. Like we had been together the whole time.

I left the store with a mission to find the two boys I had brought up here in the first place. I waved farewell to Min and began to jog back to Auntie's. I made it about halfway there before I had to pause to catch my breath. Running with a huge astronomy book in my bag was a bit too much for me.

Only, I regretted stopping within seconds of stopping my feet.

1099 Words