17

May 29, 2037
11:13 PM

"Y/n, save me, please."

I felt chills go up my spine as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Namjoon's voice was ragged and weak, he sounded genuinely frightened. Hoseok's bright face suddenly turned dark as he grabbed my phone and held it up to his ear.

"Where are you? What happened?" Hoseok asked, turning the phone to speaker.

"Hoseok," Namjoon paused. His breathing heavy. "The place Y/n and I first met. Just get here fast."

"Namjoon," I said quietly. The phone went silent. "I'm going to get you, okay? Don't worry."

A very quiet scoff came from the phone, followed by a cough. I smiled slightly.

"I guess I'm the damsel in distress now," Namjoon laughed weakly.

"Just hold tight," Hoseok said and hung up the phone.

"Wait, no," I almost screamed. "Why would you hang up? What if he needs to talk us through where he's at? What if he wanted to keep talking to us? What if something happens?"

"Hey."

"Are you insane? You can't just hang up on someone in that situation! You can't just hang up on him. I can't believe you just did that. Are you not worried about him!? He could be dying, and you just hung up on him!"

"Hey!"

"No, I can't believe you. You're his big brother! You should be freaking out right now. Did you not hear his voice!? He sounded like he was hurt! Oh, what if he's hurt,? I don't know what I'll do."

"Hey," Hoseok tried to wave at me this time, but I was so panicked I didn't notice.

"I've just been ignoring him, I've been a brat. What if that was the last time I get to talk to him and you just hung up. Oh, God, let him be okay. This is all my fault-"

Hoseok grabbed both of my shoulders hard, cutting me off. He leaned down to see straight into my eyes. Obviously, he was sick of me screaming at him, but he must have realized that I wasn't calming down, I was getting worse every second.

Instead of yelling at me to shut up like I thought he would, he chuckled. Then, he gave me this look, a smile with his usually bright face. His eyes were lit up and closed slightly because of his uplifted cheeks. His ears moved back when he smiled, too. His eyes were locked on mine, and I couldn't look away. It sent a sudden calm through me.

"Hey," Hoseok's voice was soothing. "He'll be okay. We're gonna make sure of that. He's strong. None of this is your fault. Namjoon doesn't get nervous very often, but staying on the phone would have made him realize what situation he's in. I'm worried about him, I am, but if I start panicking, I won't do him any good. So I need you to take a deep breath and calm down. We need to know where the first place you and Namjoon met is."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Namjoon and I had met first at my dorm. Unless we had run into each other in class sometime. I probably would have remembered his face, though.

"My dorm," I said quietly. "At our school. That's the only place I can think. I don't remember seeing him anywhere else."

Hoseok nodded as we immediately headed out. I took off my shoes and shoved them into one of my shopping bags. It was hard to breathe as we sprinted towards my school. Not because I was out of breath, nor because I was carrying so much stuff. I couldn't breath because I was so worried.

I could barely see where I was going. It was like I was physically blinded by worry. I almost wanted to laugh, I was so effected by this, but why? Why did I care so much about what happened to this man? Was it because I owe him my life? Was it because he had been so kind? I had never been so frightened by a situation. Yes, he was my friend, but I couldnt imagine myself this panicked even if Min had been kidnapped. I was usually so calm and collected. This feeling was foreign to me.

My parents had moved out of Korea when I went off to school. I had never lived without them, yet it didn't worry me. I didn't care that I was on my own so suddenly. I didn't feel this frightened when I was seperated from my best friend, or when I realized my boyfriend was a psychopath. I was never the kind of person to get scared. I liked the stars, I liked bugs, I liked getting messy. I threw myself into danger or scary situations for the fun of it. Yet, the last time I was even somewhat close to this frightened was when I literally almost died.

"Y/n," Hoseok was breathing as heavily as me. "Where to?"

"We have to go up. We're almost there," I led him to a staircase.

We raced up two flights of stairs and turned left. I could see my dorm's door. Suddenly, the adrenaline that i hadn't felt rushed through me. My feet moved on their own and I was almost immediately unlocking my door. My hands weren't even shaking anymore. Hoseok was right beside me, his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him slightly before I flung the door open and rushed inside. I immediately scanned the room, every single place that a person could be. Hoseok followed closely behind.

"It's empty. How can it be empty?" I breathed.

"You're sure this is the place you first met?" Hoseok asked whike headed towards my closet.

He threw a pair of athletic shorts and a teeshirt at me, then headed to find socks and tennis shoes. I quickly changed and grabbed a small backpack, stuffing all the belongings we were bringing into it.

The only place I had ever seen Namjoon before I knew his name was here. He had saved me from Jabeum. I let out an agrivated groan as I tried to think. Where could I have met him? I was walking around my room, hands stuck on my head as I thought. Everytime I thought maybe I knew, I had to quickly veto it. The question kept running through my head. Where? Where? Where?

Then I stopped. I froze. Hoseok jumped up from where he was sitting and looked at me.

"I know where he is," I said quietly.

"Well? Where is he?" Hoseok started to put his shoes back on as we headed towards the door.

"He's at the crater. The crater that the meteor made a few months ago. It was him."

1133 Words