21

May 30, 2037

1:13 P.M.

"Ah, Y/n!" Hoseok's voice rose above everyone else's in the restaurant. I waved to him with a small smile.

We all sat together at a small table in the corner of the restaurant. It was a cute little establishment, the tables were colorful and the view from the windows was pretty. Namjoon had been right, it was a really popular place: almost all the tables were filled with happy, chatty people who were enjoying their meals with friends much like we were.

I don't know when he noticed, however, Namjoon had been cautiously speaking and glancing over at me quite a lot. He knew something was wrong. The awkward atmosphere around all of us was a little much for me to handle. There was also the fact that Namjoon was healed. He was fine, yet this morning he had been covered with injuries.

"Y/n," Yoongi's voice surprised me. "Thank you a lot. I really appreciate what you've done for Namjoon."

I looked over to him, shaking myself out of my thoughts. I realized then that Namjoon and Hoseok had left to go order our food. Yoongi and I were by ourselves.

"It may seem like we aren't close, but Namjoon is one of the people closest to me. If I didn't have him around I would be in a much different place and that is why I get so short-tempered when it comes to him. I care a little too much. It's different for our family, too. We're different as you already know."

"What do you mean you're different?" I said quietly.

"You mean you don't know?"

"Well I can tell but I don't know. No one will tell me anything."

"That's for the best. If you knew then you would understand and I know that it's hard to for you to know why that is now." Yoongi looked at me with a twisted expression. "Sorry, I make no sense."

"I just want to know what's going on. I spend most of my daily life with you all anymore, I just don't understand why I am not trusted enough to be let in on the family drama," I let out a short laugh and rubbed my temples slightly. "But I also understand that it's a family thing and I'm not family."

"The thing is-"

Suddenly, Hoseok grabbed Yoongi's shoulders and shook him about. Namjoon returned and began to place our ramen in our spots. I groaned lightly as I realized that Yoongi and I weren't going to be discussing that matter any further. When the two finally sat back down with us, Namjoon patted my shoulder lightly.

"Thank you again for all the help you've been giving me. This meal is on me," He smiled widely and handed me a pair of chopsticks.

"Well, I would hope so. You worried me half to death," I said with a scoff. Namjoon laughed in defeat and bowed slightly.

"That's my bad. I'll do better from now on, I promise," He smiled at me brightly.