10

<-May 18, 2037->
1:48 PM

Namjoon quickly rushed back to me after Jabeum and his friend ran off. I felt dizzy and I couldn't stand. Blood was dripping from my lip and nose. I let out a shaky breath as Namjoon tapped my chin to get me to look at him. He was frowning widely, observing my injuries.

"Are you okay? Anything broken?" He asked frantically.

The side of him I had just seen, the dominance and anger, it was gone. He was back to being gentle and caring. Adorable, to be honest. I shook my head as he quickly wiped the blood from my lip with his jacket sleeve.

"You're still bleeding, let's get you back-"

"We're gonna go to my place, Kim Namjoon. It's closer, she can't walk all the way back like this," Seokjin cut Namjoon off and knelt down beside us. "You won't mind coming to my house will you?"

Namjoon's head turned towards Seokjin in a flash. He stood up, grabbed his arm, and walked a few steps away. Namjoon seemed to be scolding Seokjin, talking through something, however this time, I couldn't hear. They quickly returned, Namjoon had a look of defeat on his face.

"Are you okay with going to Seokjin's?"

I nodded and started to stand up. Almost immediately, however, I began to fall again. My legs were still limp, my body still in shock, broken down. Namjoon reached out and pulled me into his chest, catching me. We stood there like that for a moment, so quiet that I could hear his heartbeat.

We came back to reality when Seokjin snickered and started to walk away, leading us to his house. Namjoon held me for support, my body slowly coming back to its senses.

It took only a few minutes to get to Seokjin's house from where we were. I shakily walked into the house, slipped off my shoes, and was helped to the couch. Namjoon set me down, then rushed to get some blankets. When he returned, he had two blankets and a first aid kit.

"I'm sorry I didn't get there earlier," he said softly.

"It's not your fault. He's insane, he tried to kill me and his friend. There's no stopping a psycho in action," I teased, smiling slightly. "Thank you for coming to help."

Namjoon smiled gently and grabbed my chin, then touched my bottom lip slightly, separating it from the top. Then, he patched me up quickly. He kept making eye contact, checking up on me everytime he touched me. I couldn't help but stare at him the entire time.

Then, suddenly, loud, thundering footsteps could be heard throughout the house. Not long after, yelling joined them. I jumped slightly at how sudden the quiet had been disrupted. A few seconds later, two men that looked slightly younger than Namjoon practically tackled him.

Laughter could be heard as the two hugged him tightly. A laugh erupted from my own lips as I saw him smile genuinely. The two boys were attached to him as he carefully sat up and attempted to pull them off.

"Hyung," one of them screamed. "We havent seen you for the longest time! Where have you been?"

"Yah, we've had to be here with Seokjin hyung and Yoongi hyung since you went off to school. Do you know how crazy this place has been?"

I smiled as the two scolded Namjoon. I had been right, they were younger than him. Their honorifics rolled off their tongues as if they were joking, however. The tone the two had was joyful and sweet.

"Jiminie, Jungkook-ah, calm down," Namjoon said while patting their heads. "I've been studying, and taking care of this friend."

I smiled carefully as the two's heads turned towards me. Namjoon laughed and mouthed a 'sorry' as the two flew up to their feet and jumped over to me. I bowed my head carefully and laughed at them.

"I'm Y/n, it's nice to meet you," I introduced myself softly.

"Im Park Jimin, Namjoon hyung's younger brother," The boy with bright pink hair smiled.

"Im Jeon Jungkook, also Hyung's brother," the other dark haired boy said.

"How'd you meet hyung, then?" Jimin asked.

"And why are you here?" Jungkook added.

"Jimin, Jungkook," Namjoon rose his voice over the now bickering two. "Y/n isn't feeling well, so I suggest we let her rest and get to know her later. Why don't you go help Seokjin make some soup."

Jimin and Jungkook sighed as they reluctantly left the room, leaving Namjoon and I to ourselves. I smiled as Namjoon sat on the floor, seeming exhausted.

"They're sweet," I said with a smile.

"Sweet, however exhausting. They never stop, they have so much energy," Namjoon laughed as he moved to sit on the couch.

"They use honorifics with you," I started, looking Joon in the eyes. "So why don't you use honorifics with Seokjin?"

"Seokjin and I are so close, he doesn't care anymore. I like to think its because I often act older than he does," Namjoon joked. "I use honorifics with my other brothers."

"Can I meet them, too?"

"You won't stay here long. Not because we don't want you here, it's just..."

"Just what? If I'm a bother, I understand-"

"-Not at all. It's just our family isn't normal, and I don't want you to get too caught up in it."

"What do you mean by that?"

"There's just some stuff, I can't talk about it."

Namjoon went quiet after that. He eventually excused himself and left to get some food for me. However, when he returned, I had fallen asleep.

I dreamt of what had happen an hour before. Though I should have waken from the nightmare, I slept soundly for a long time. I wasn't awoken until the door to Seokjin's house was slammed open, causing me to bolt straight up in fear.

"Kim Namjoon!" A cold, angry voice screamed.

The house was quiet for a moment, before I could hear the sigh of the man who had just broken into the house. He threw something to the ground, then ran his hands through his hair. I started to stand, however his voice rose again, gluing me to my seat.

"Kim Namjoon, you have a lot of explaining to do," his voice was softer, however not for long. "How dare you risk our saftey for a human!"

I sat up in confusion, wondering if I had heard him right. I began to stand again, however slipped and knocked my glass of water all over myself and the floor. I stood quickly, frightened.

My heart stopped when I caught eyes of the man who had been yelling at Namjoon. His mouth dropped and eyes widened as he realized who I was. Running footsteps could be heard for only a second until Namjoon, Seokjin, Jimin, and Jungkook made their stop in the room.

They all stared in shock at the scene in front of them. The room was silent. I glanced at Namjoon slightly before my eyes wandered back to the other man. Namjoon's voice could barely come out before he finally managed a few words.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi hyung..."

1200 Words

Author's Note: I'd like to apologise for the lack of updates! I've been going through a lot and didn't have the energy or motivation to write. As I'm starting to feel better, I should hopefully be back to my normal Sunday Updates schedule. Thank you all for being so patient!!
-M