19

May 30, 2037

4:16 AM

"He isn't human."

I could feel my heart drop as the words slurred off of the anonymous person's lips. With all my previous assumptions that I couldn't seem to get out of my mind, the thought of someone proving that Namjoon wasn't who I thought he was may have been too much. I felt light headed as I stumbled away from the door, my ears ringing. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone, which was cold to the touch. However, I couldn't tell if it was my phone that was cold or my fingers as my body felt as if it had shut down.

Shakily, I typed in Seokjin's number. I could barely press the call button as I broke into a run, heading outside of the hospital. Though I could barely hear anything due to the ringing in my ears and the pounding in my head, Jin's quiet and raspy voice came through the phone.

"Why are you calling this early," His voice sent a calm over me somehow.

"Did you know that Namjoon is in the hospital?"

"Yeah, he'll be out by the morning, no worries," He stopped, but only for a moment. "You aren't still there, are you? Please tell me that you are at your dorm sleeping."

"No, I'm not. How could I go home in this moment? Look, Seokjin, call me crazy, but there's something weird going on. I need answers," I tried desperately. "I just heard a someone talking about Namjoon's tests. They were talking about how the tests should not have come back as they did. They said that he wasn't human."

Once more, everything went silent around me. Saying the words out loud seemed to confirm what I was so very frightened of in the first place. The fact that this world wasn't how I thought it was. That Namjoon wasn't human. It seemingly confirmed everything. Now, at this point, I couldn't even hear Seokjin's breathing anymore. He had gone silent, my voice was gone, and my own breathing had stopped.

"I think you're sleep deprived, Y/n," Seokjin said softly. "You need to get home before you start thinking things like that are actually true. Just listen to me this time, okay? Don't argue, just listen to me."

"God, you better be right about this," I felt myself relax. I knew that he was probably right. I hadn't slept in almost 24 hours.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the hospital. Meet me there so we can get Joonie home, will you?"

"Do I really have a choice?"

Jin let out a short laugh and then mumbled out a goodbye. I hung up the phone and slowly headed back to Namjoon's room. Though I should have gone to my dorm like I had been told, I knew I couldn't leave. I wanted to not care too much and relax, but for some reason, I couldn't.

I reached Joon's room and went inside. The people who I thought had been there before were gone. It was then that the thought of being far too sleep deprived to think right started to make more sense than someone like Namjoon not being human. I decided to sit by Namjoon's bed, just to make sure that he was alright for now.