9

<-May 18, 2037->
1:03 PM

I stopped and grabbed my water bottle out of the side of my backpack. I drank almost half of the full bottle before returning it to its place and starting to head off again. However, when I looked up, the face of the person I was terrified of at the moment almost touched mine.

I let out a loud gasp and stepped back, almost falling over. I didn't know what to do, almost breaking down as another person stepped up beside my ex. Jabeum laughed at my fear, only glancing at me before turning and talking to his, I assumed, friend. I began to take a step back, ready to try my luck running back to Min's.

However, Jabeum reached forward and grabbed my backpack strap. He pulled me forward to where I could feel his breathing on my face. I turned away from him, refusing to look in his eyes. He scoffed at me and growled lowly.

"You really thought I would let you away that easily. I don't want you ruining my rep," He whispered, sending a wave of fear through me. "Now, my friend and I have been thinking of ways to keep you quiet. At first I thought his ideas may be a little too brutal, but seeing you now."

His voice faded as his friend laughed. My breathing came out more shakily than before. I mentally cursed myself, which had become a more regular thing. My body was shaking, I was genuinely terrified. I pulled my backpack strap out of Jabeum's hand and stepped further back than I had before.

Jabeum's friend let out a loud laugh before he stepped forward, lifting a hand to hit me. Jabeum did nothing but grin as he watched.

"I haven't told anyone," I yelled out. "I won't, trust me."

"Why would I trust you," Jabeum snapped. "Don't hold back."

There seemed to be no sound for a good five seconds before I heard Jabeum's friend coming towards me again. I went to turn around, to run, but he was too close. A sharp pain went up my arm as he grabbed it roughly. His other hand met my jaw with a thud. I felt myself go dizzy at the impact as my legs almost gave out underneath me.

However, this time, I refused to give up. I managed to squeeze out of his grip and scramble to make some distance between the two of us. Of course, I forgot about Jabeum, who was just as ready to swing as his buddy. He stuck his leg out in front of me, causing my to fall. A pained groan slipped past my lips as I hit the ground. I was starting to panic.

"Why," I choked out. "Why are you doing this? After all I've done for you. I put up with you for so long. You hurt me, cheated on me. I knew it but I still treated you with care and love. So why? I don't understand."

I was getting angry, and both Jabeum and his friend knew. I managed to push myself into a sitting position. My head was spinning and my vision was slightly blurry. I found Jabeum and looked at him straight in the eyes. Everything I had said was true. Until the day before I had genuinely loved him, no matter how much he made me mad, how much we fought, how much he was unfaithful. I loved him.

"Why?" He laughed lowly. "Because I never really loved you."

I finally let out a long breath, knowing I was defeated. My heart felt like it had just shattered into a million pieces. I smiled as Jabeum continued to look at me. He let out a nervous laugh.

"You think this is funny?" He yelled out. "Go. Kill her, just kill her. I don't want to see her face again!"

A laugh erupted from my lips. I had no idea what had come over me, but I was laughing so hard my side had begun to ache. I opened my eyes and glared at Jabeum, frowning.

"You don't want your reputation to be dirtied, yet you're willing to have your little sidekick murder me? That's going to get you in a lot more trouble than attempted rape, sweetheart," I scoffed.

"Yah, what are you doing? Do something before she starts yelling!" Jabeum screamed out desperately.

The metalic taste of blood was now evident from my busted lip. My head was splitting, I felt as if I would pass out. But I refused. I wasn't going to give up like the first time. This time, I was going to fight until I genuinely could not fight back anymore.

"She has a point. You may not get in trouble, but I will," Jabeum's friend said shakily. "This isn't a good idea, man."

"I don't care what you think!" Jabeaum said desperately. "If you don't, I'll just kill you both! You won't talk if you're the one who offs her, but if you won't do it, no one can talk if both of you are dead."

My heart skipped a beat as I heard footsteps heading towards me once again. Jabeum must have been convincing enough, that or his threats weren't empty. He was losing his mind. Or, he already had. He'd gone insane. Jabeum's friend grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me up, forcing me to look into his eyes. His eyes were dark, there was nothing of him left.

I scoffed and spit in his face, managing to get out of his grip. However, my legs weren't strong enough to keep me standing at the moment, so I just fell. He yelled out as his hands went to wipe his face, and as I fell, I braced for impact.

I never hit the ground.

"I got you," Namjoon's deep voice graced my ears as he caught me.

I finally relaxed as he helped me up and walked me to Seokjin. Seokjin wrapped his arms around me to give me support, then watched as Namjoon walked forward. I tried to grab him, tried to pull him back, but Seokjin stopped me.

"You hurt her once, now twice. That's two too many times," Namjoon's voice came out cold as he walked towards Jabeum.

Jabeum tried to get in front of Namjoon and stop him from going any further. However, Joon only shoved him to the ground, out of the way. I whimpered slightly, scared as to what Namjoon might do. Seokjin gripped me tighter.

"Don't worry, he won't do anything," he assured me.

Namjoon walked forward and grabbed Jabeum's friend just as he had me. His lifted him from the shirt, forcing him to look into Namjoon's eyes. They were so close, their foreheads could have touched. His voice came out cold and stern, it was terrifying.

"Touch her one more time, and I'll kill you."

1155 Words