1

What happens in a day, an hour, a single minute, can change your life. Take it from me, as I've lived such an experience. Recalling my life before everything happened seems to be far too difficult these days. I was changed so drastically, I can never forget the first few weeks when I realized what was happening. Now, I'm sharing with you a story many don't believe. To be honest, I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't been the one to live it. Call me crazy, but it's all true. Every word.

I'll give you this sentence to sum it up before we begin with our story. Now's where you decide whether I'm crazy or not. My sentence, the sum it up statement, the start of my story, is this; I fell in love with a literal human star.

<-April 14, 2037->
8:07 AM

"Hey, idiot," an ice cold voice snapped at me. "You'll be late to school, get up."

With that, my eyes fly open. I, quite literally, fly forward as well. I don't have time to worry about the loud crack that came from my bed as I lunged off of it. I was going to be late to my first day of my sophomore year of college. My boyfriend was helping me move into my dorm and trying to cram me into my everyday schedule. Let's just say im not a very cooperative person in the mornings.

I rammed my feet into my shoes and yelled out a, 'goodbye', as I sprinted out the door. My first class was what I was the most excited about. Astronomy. It was an extra class that I could take just to take, and I didn't pass up the opportunity. The stars, space, all of it had always amazed me. I felt a connection with it, however odd it may sound. There was also a meteor shower the next day and I had no intentions of missing it. I had a front row ticket as well.

I dashed to my class and quickly sat in the front row only moments before the professor walked in and started class. I let out a low sigh of relief and paid close attention. Before I knew it, I had been dismissed. Class had ended. My eyes widened at the announcement as I checked my watch. Sure enough, it was time to go and I had been so immersed that I couldn't tell.

I dragged myself back to my dorm to find a note from my boyfriend. I sighed sadly as I read it aloud.

"Y/n, I don't really want to wait around for you to get back. I'll come back sometime tonight. Don't call, it kills the vibe. See you," I scoffed. "Love, Jabeum."

I stomped to the trash and threw the paper away before throwing myself onto my bed. I knew there was something up, he never wanted to be around me, I 'killed his vibe', and at that point I didn't care. He'd come back soon enough, it was just momentary, I just knew it. I loved and trusted him, and I put everything into that.

<-April 15, 2037->
10:36 PM

I was sitting in my front row seat for the shower. Everything was quiet, almost too quiet for the woods. However, I didn't mind. The wind blew softly sending chills down my arms. The only sounds were the trees brushing together, the few animals rushing through the wood's floor, dashing for shelter. I could hear the patter of my finger tapping as I stared up at the sky in amazement. The shower hadn't even started and yet I was enjoying the view. I wanted to watch the shower and study it, learn by visuals. I zoned in the moment it started. Yet, it seemed to end too quickly. Not the shower, but my study.

Suddenly, I was thrown forward by a large force. It was like something had crashed. Something big. My arms flung around, struggling to find a place to grab as I fell. I admit, a rackety old treehouse in the woods wasn't the safest place to watch, but it was worth it while it lasted. My hand finally caught ahold of a thick branch, my body jolting to a stop. I held on as tight as possible as I caught my breath. From there, I carefully climbed down and went to investigate.

I found more than I expected.

As I wandered around the woods, searching for the source of the crash, I stumbled upon my answer. I stood in awe in front of a huge crater. Smoke created from the dust and impact had engulfed the area around it. I covered my dropped jaw and nose as I tried to walk towards the middle, however my legs felt weak. I was in such a shocked state, I was surprised I had the strength to do what I did next.

As the smoke cleared, I scrambled forward and headed to the middle. I ran, though I felt like I'd fall. All i remember going through my mind was 'i have to see it'. My curiosity, my passion, my longing for space, for knowledge, it always seemed to get the best of me. The dust wasn't completely cleared yet when I stopped myself from advancing any further. I wasn't entirely where I had wanted to be, however I was close enough to see it, or, at least, a glimpse of what had crashed. Of course, I brushed it off and set the image aside as what I saw wasn't possible. So much so that when I woke up the next morning, I had convinced myself it was nothing but a hallucination due to the shock and sleep deprivation. I simply couldn't bring myself to accept that what I had seen was real.

When I got close enough, I could see that there was nothing in the center of the crater. Instead, I saw, only for a moment, a pair of sparkling brown eyes staring right at me.

1011 Words