43: A Small Crush

Magsimula sa umpisa

"But I need to, so I can piss you off."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. Why would a nickname make him irritated? What kind of names was she thinking of? He thought kitty was a cute name, did she not agree?

"I heard the name mutt was like a curse word here, so I can't use that," E thought out loud. "I can't use puppy because that's what Yoongi calls Jungkook. Dang, I'm running out of dog based nicknames."

Taehyung laughed. "Then just give up, kitty."

"Never."

"Well, good luck finding a--"

"Ooh! I got one!"

"Oh really? What is it?"

"Pooch."

Taehyung's ear twitched and his face hardened. "F*ck no."

"Why not?" E smirked, leaning against the bars.

"I'm a big, strong adult male, and that's a nickname for puppies."

"Well then it looks like I've found the right name for you."

"No!" Taehyung barked. "That's insulting!"

"Oh, is the pooch's ego deflating?" E asked dramatically. "Poor, poor  little pooch."

"I will come in there," Taehyung threatened. "And I'll take those blankets right out."

"Oh, I'm so scared," E snickered, laying down and rolling around in the warm blankets. "So scared."

"B*tch," Taehyung grumbled, standing up and getting his keys out.

E heard the jingling of keys and sat up, turning to the door.

"You wouldn't!"

"Watch me," Taehyung growled. "I don't make empty threats."

"Okay, okay!" E put her hands up in surrender. "I won't call you pooch anymore. I'll think of something else."

"Good," Taehyung started putting the keys away.

"I'll call you buddy instead."

Taehyung dropped the keys and looked up. "Buddy? That's a name people give actual  pets!"

"I know," E laid back down. "My grandma had a dalmatian she named Buddy."

"You can't call me that!"

"Why not? Friends call each other buddy all the time," E shrugged.

Taehyung felt happy for about two seconds before his heart dropped. She considered them friends? While that made him really happy at first, he also realized that even if they ended up getting along well that night, he would be stuck in the friend zone.

But why did the thought of that make him sad?

"Fine," Taehyung let out, bending down to pick up the keys.

"Buddy. Sounds like I'm your owner and you're my pet," E giggled. "Here buddy! Come here, boy!"

"Yeah?" Taehyung huffed. "Well you're the one in a kennel right now."

E pouted and flopped around on the blankets.

"You know what? I think I'm tired. I'm just gonna go to bed."

Taehyung pouted as E turned her back and curled into the warm blankets.

"But I'm not tired! I still wanna talk!"

"Too bad."

~~~~~

"Hey! Taehyung!"

Taehyung woke up and looked around, hearing a whisper coming from the dungeon stairs. E was still laying asleep in her makeshift bed, having rolled over to face him.