He soon arrived with a fancy iron like tray. Resting on top of it, were a small bottle of water and a glass cup.

Once the waiter was gone, I brought out the small note I had kept in my hoodie's pocket, and a blue lucky pen. I dialed in the first number and placed it against my left ear.

"Hello___"

"Hey," I said with a cherry tone, cutting the guy off in the process. "I'm Tatiana. I was wondering if you are um.... Kingsley, an undergraduate."

Don't blame or hate me. I wasn't a detective or something. That was the only information I could gather in T's dairy.

"No," The boy finally answered. "I'm a barber and I'm busy."

"But___" I stopped midway when I heard the beeping sound. I sighed, grasped my blue pen and stroke the first number on the list. I went on to dial the second number.

"Hello," A younger voice said this time.

"Hi, I'm Tatiana. I wa___"

"Auntie Tatiana!" The little boy squealed. "Mummy, Auntie Tatiana called my ph__" I quickly cut the call and stroke the second number.

That was definitely a no.

I dialed the third number, in hopes of something useful.

"Hello?" A girl spoke at the other end. I began to wonder if girls answered the name Kingsley.

"Hi, I'm Tatiana. And I was wondering if you know a Kingsley. He's an undergraduate, properbly in his four hundred level by no___"

Beep!

I hit the table angrily with my palm, gaining the attention of other customers. But I paid no interest in them. That lady had cut the call on me, without listening to what I had to say.

Two names later with no success. None weren't even ready to let me finish my sentence.

I opened the bottle cap, and poured myself a glass filled with cold water. After gulping down the content in it, I signalled the waiter so he could have his money.

It was official, Tatiana's life was way harder than mine. No wonder she wanted to commit suicide. I would've too.

I scoffed, as I walked down the street. I wouldn't commit suicide even if I was destined for damnation.

The street felt lonely, especially the alleyway I happened to be on at the moment. An eerie sound filled the air. Followed by a loud glassy sound. A normal human with brains would have ran away from that sound, right? But instead, I ran towards it. Which only proved I had no brain.

At a corner, I saw four gigantic guys  beating up someone half their sizes. The boy had his head covered with both hands, as if protecting it. But when he lifted his head a little, I knew he wasn't just someone.

He was Jubilee.

"Hey!" I yelled loudly, to catch their attention. Good thing it worked. I lifted my phone and began to sway it back and forth. "I just phoned the police. They are on their way as I speak."

"You bitch!" Yelled the one that felt and looked like the leader. He began to take threatening steps towards me.

I moved back slowly, gulping down my lump in fear. "You're just stalling. You can beat me too. But I tell you, it would only give the police success on their arrest."

I wanted to pee in my pants, that was for sure. But I wanted to pull off the brave face. Not just for me alone, but also for Jubilee.

"Boss," One of the big guy said. "Let's just go, we'll deal with him later."

The big boss hesitated for a second, growled like a big bad animal, before stomping out with his gang. I ran over to Jubilee, so I could help him up.

"Are you okay?" I squat down, ready to help him.

"Don't touch me," Jubilee slapped my hands away. "And why the hell did you call the police?!"

Really? Was that his 'thanks for saving my life'?

"I didn't," I replied dryly. "I lied."

Jubilee stared at me and groaned, as he tried getting up all by himself. I moved closer to help him, but he pushed me away. "I told you not to touch me."

I lifted both hands in defeat and painfully watched him take care of himself.

"What were you doing here by the way?" I demanded, while scanning the scenery.

"Non'Your," I creased my brows at him.

"What__"

"None of your business," He winced as he touched his waist. "Grab me my jacket."

Now he needs my help.

I walked towards the brown jacket, which was laying on the dirty floor. I squat down and picked it up.

"Here," I handed him his jacket. As usual, he didn't voice out a thank you. He winced once more as he tried putting his jacket on. I rushed to his back, got hold of his jacket and began to help him put it on.

"What are you doing?" He demanded angrily.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" It was painful seeing him in so much pain. I wanted to lessen his pain, which only meant I had to help him with his jacket. He acted tough, but he was anything but tough.

Once I had successfully worn him his jacket, I walked over to his front and then asked one of the questions I was dying to know the answer to. "Why'd you hate me?"

Jubilee diverted his attention from his bruised waist, to look at me. "What you think?" He spat. "Never come close to me again. Ever." He slowly but angrily walked away from me.

I sighed as I watch him go. He was one hell of a character. I felt my phone buzz in my hoodie, taking my mind off of Jubilee. Looking at the caller ID, I realised it was an unsaved number.

"Hello?" I questioned, once I slide the answer button.

"Hi. You called earlier in question of someone named Kingsley, right?" The girl spoke at the other end.

I nodded my head, but felt stupid cause she couldn't see my gesture. "Yes," I finally spoke out. There was a few seconds silence and I thought she must have hung up on me like the rest.

"I think I know the person you might be looking for."

Eddy : Turns out Uyai doesn't want to sit around for Jeremiah's help

Eddy : Turns out Uyai doesn't want to sit around for Jeremiah's help. A help she's sure won't come any time soon.

And now, she's gotten herself a lead!

Do you think Uyai's right about Jeremiah not helping her?

And what do you think is wrong with Jubilee?

Comment below⤵

Vote 🌟

And also share 🚻

Next update : Sunday (Wrote it right this time, Cherry).

Words : 1687

Till next time,

Much love,

X
-Eddy