Chapter 34: Epilogue

Start bij het begin

I looked up and it suddenly made sense as the door opened to reveal Rosaline holding her phone in her hand. She shook our GM’s hand and walked in with a smile on her face. I couldn’t help but stare at her, everything about her was perfect. Every time I saw her face, it was like seeing her for the first time again walking out of that changing room in London. She was as pretty then as she ever was.

She walked towards me with a smile and kept it cool like I was trying to do. I smiled up at her, a bit surprised that she had actually tricked me this well. She smiled back, stretching her hand in front of me. I still couldn't believe how naive I had been. That girl loved to surprise people. I should've known.

As I shook her hand, she smiled. “Hi, I’m Rose, I’m your new teammate for the next few months.”

I grinned, and got up, picking her up in my arms, unable to keep in my excitement. I couldn’t believe we were finally together now. We were together, and if it was made official, Rose and I could be teammates again. There was nothing better I could ask for.

She laughed in my ear, “Did I get you?”

I smiled and laid her down, when I was aware that all of my teammates were watching us. “How could you do that, make me believe you were leaving for months and you were here all along.”

She laughed, “It’s sad, but the rest of the team already knew that I was coming here.”

“How?” I was shocked.

“I called Johnny.” She waved over at Toews, sitting not far from us and looked back at me. “And he helped me make this decision. I thought it’d be funnier if I could make you believe I wasn’t coming here and then actually come.”

“And was it?” I asked.

“Very much, yes.” She smiled at me.

I grinned and let the GM take the responsibility of introducing Rose to the rest of the team, even when most of the team already knew who she was. I sat back down and smiled over at her, while a few of my teammates already had their eyes on me now. I couldn’t care less, Rose was finally with me. We didn’t have to skype every night anymore.

“I just wanted to say thank you in advance for letting me do this, and even though a lot of you already know me, I really do look forward to meeting all of you and playing on the ice together.” She spoke, looking from the coach to everybody really. “I know it can be weird to be playing with a girl, but I’d just like to ask for your respect. I don’t care if you don’t like me but I just ask that you respect what I do and that I’m here for a reason, and that’s to keep learning. So I'm always open, and I'm a girl that loves to laugh and have fun, so don't be shy with me. Just treat me like you would treat your sister." She smiled at me, as I frowned and shook my head. "Treat me like your sister, Kaner, I didn't say I was your sister."

I grinned at her and a few other guys smiled over at me. "Still..."

She laughed but went on anyways, "So, that's all I wanted to say. Thanks a lot."

The coach went next to her, "Thank you, Rose. I think I speak for everyone when I say we can't wait to see you play."

She smiled, remembering something. "Thank you, and good luck to you guys in the playoffs. I have so much faith in you guys, there's so much talent in this locker room, it's incredible. I wish you guys the best of luck."

"Thank you, Rose." The coach said, and escorted her towards the door.

I met her gaze one last time before she was suddenly saying her last words to the coach and then leaving through the door. One of my teammates turned towards me with a smile, while I was still staring after Rose even though she was gone now.