F O U R

"They say the human is always in a hurry.

I replied:It is because the clock is ticking and ticking and maybe that is why having Sabr is difficult."

"Latif you should eat your food it is getting cold":His Abba called making him come out of his reverie..

"Okay Abba":he replied as he started eating..

"When is your Musbaqa(qur'anic competition)?":His dad asked him..

"It is next tomorrow Abba":he said smiling a little..

"Are you ready, I want you to take the first place this time around also":His dad said proudly..

"Insha Allah Abba":he said sipping the water inside the silver cup..

"Am going to the farm now,you should make sure that you are not late to school,today is your first day in high school so you should be punctual":His dad said smiling brightly..

His body shook as he heard that his Abba is leaving him behind,he stood up as tears swelled up in his eyes..

"Abba please don't leave me behind":He begged his dad..

"My dear Latif,am here I will take care of you":Amma said faking innocence..

"Why do you always make a chaos when am leaving,your Amma is here she will escort you out and give you your lunch box,look at the way you are looking so handsome in your new uniform,new school new everything":His dad said laughing..

Mahad Na'im loves his son morethan anything in this world,he is the only one he have,he lost his parents at a very young age,he grew up and lived a bitter life,he found his long forgotten happiness after meeting Latif's mother..

Fawza Sa'id Mubin is the real epitome of beauty,her sense of humour and love for fun is the greatest thing about her,he fell in love with her and he seeked for her hand in marriage,she accepted him despite being a daughter of a rich man,she married a poor man,she accepted all this flaws and gave him all the love and care that wasn't given to him,she gave birth to Latif after two years of their marriage,Latif was two years old when Fawza died while praying and at that moment Mahad vowed to give Latif everything that he wants..

"Abba why are you crying?":Latif asked his dad suspiciously..

"Nothing my dear":he said smiling at him..

"You can go Abba but please don't cry":Latif said innocently..

"Okay my dear":Mahad said kissing his forehead..

Mahad left Latif there as he stood their looking at Amma who was smiling at him..

"I will deal with you now":She said dragging him out of the room..

"Am so sorry Amma":he said crying..

"Didn't I tell you to stop asking your dad to stay back,you idiot":she said beating him..

"Please am so sorry Amma, I won't do it again I promise":he said crying..

"Am not going to forgive you today,son of a witch":Amma said as she continued beating him..

"What on earth is happening here":They heard Mahad's voice..

"You are beating my son":Mahad state looking at Amma angrily..

"Look am tired of pretending, I don't like him":She said turning her head to the other side as she hold her waist..

"I divorce you with 3 talaqs":Mahad said as he dragged Latif into the room..

Mahad felt his world shattering looking at his son's scared figure,their is no doubt that he is terrified..

"Am so sorry for not noticing that something is fishy all this time my son":He said hugging Latif..

"Am so sorry Fawza":he said to referring to his death wife..

"It is okay Latif":Mahad said wiping his tears..

"Now it will be only me and you and happiness forever insha Allah":Mahad said patting his head as Latif nods his head smiling..

"I wish Mami was here"..

[.]
Amma is out of the picture..