T H R E E

"Silence is not gold bit diamond"

Ablah stood at the corner of the door as she watched her grandmother scold her Ammi,she was reading the hadith that their ustadha read for them earlier..

"On the authority of Abu Abdul-Rahman Abdullah,the son of Umar Ibn Khattab who said:I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'Islam is built upon five [pillars]:testifying that their none worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah,establishing the prayers,giving zakat,fasting in the month of Ramadan,going for hajj."

[Bukhari & Muslim].

She heard her grandmother's voice,her grandmother Razia Kamal is a chubby old woman,she is very stern and strict even though she laughs atimes..

Ablah stood there looking at her Ammi who was sobbing as her grandmother kept on talking..

"You barren,you cannot give me a male grandchild,now who will inherit Ablah's Abbi when he die"She said angrily..

"All my friends keep on talking about their male grandchildren that is from their son's side but me am always left out in that conversation":She shouted..

"Dada this is God's will,had it been I can make my own choice then all this wouldn't have had happened":Jannah sobbed quitely..

Every family has their own kind of problem,Ablah's family problem is that her mom will not be able to conceive again and her father's mother is making her Ammi's life a living hell..

Jannah is a lady who had been fond of children since when she was young and she have always looked forward to having her own children but Allah knows what is the best for her,she will cry herself to sleep,cry in her sujood and always ask for a child..

Ablah was not understanding why her Dada was shouting so she decided to barge in..

"Why are you shouting at my Ammi":Ablah asked innocently..

"She cooked for you and even cleaned the house":Ablah informed her Dada as she pouted a little..

"Ablah you cannot talk to your Dada in this manner":her Ammi said cupping her cheeks..

"Apologise to her right now":Her Ammi ordered..

"Sabaran Dada(sorry Dada)":Ablah said looking at her feet..

"You couldn't even train her well":Razia said storming out of the room..

Jannah sigh as she carried Ablah and kept her on the bed,she stood up and made her way to the bathroom to wash her face..

"Ammi":Ablah shouted trailing after her mom..

"Innallaha Ma'assabirin(Allah is with the patient)":She said kissing her mom on the cheek..

A smile formed its way on Jannah's lips as she heard what her daughter said,she was taken aback by her careful choice of words and attempt to console her which solely worked,her heart constricted in joy hearing her daughter consoling her,from that moment she vowed to make her daughter a Hafiza and someone who uses the teachings of islam..

"Yes my dear":She said smiling cheerfully..

"Ustadha said that when we are sad we should turn to Allah and tell him all our problem he will solve it for us,I will also pray that Dada never scolds you again":She said touching her fingers as she blink her eyes innocently..

Jannah nodded her heard and asked her daughter to go to her room..

~

"After we finished talking she stormed out,I came out after a while and realized that she wasn't here anymore":Jannah said trying to keep her voice low..

"Jannah do you mean to say that Dada was lying when she said you are the one that asked her to leave this house":Dhizwar said angrily..

"Dhizwar that wasn't what I meant":Jannah said sighing..

"We should sit down and talk this out please":Jannah said silently..

Today had been full of pain and agony for her from her mother in law and now her husband,her mother in law have always been the one causing problems for them,as soon as she steps into their house trouble will be trailing behind her..

Dhizwar knows that his Dada hates his wife but still he cannot tolerate anything against his Mom..

"Tell me everything":He said calming down a bit as he sit down on the couch..

"She said that am a disgrace to her because am not able to give her a male grandson who will inherit you":Jannah started but Dhizwar cut her off..

"She wasn't lying was she,you are not capable of doing that":He shouted..

Jannah felt her heart burning but she decided to be calm knowing that her husband have hot temper..

"Let me finish please":She said trying to talk in a low tone..

"Am done with this topic,Call Dada and apologize to her":Dhizwar said storming into their bedroom..

Jannah sat there defeatedly as she looked at the floor,tears started flowing down from her eyes as she held her heart which was beating and burning in pain..

"I wish I can have a male child"

|-|

So sad 😭.