T W O

"Why do wishes come true with du'a?

Because it is a conversation between you and Allah."

He abruptly opened his eyes as he felt the cold water meet his body,if there is one thing that Latif will never get used to then it must be the fact that his stepmom pours cold water on him to wake him up,despite being a light sleeper she would still do that just to hurt him..

"Good morning Amma":he said standing up..

"Nothing good will come as long as you are still in this house":she hissed as she made her way out..

"Am giving you one minute to come out":she shouted..

He rubbed his eyes slowly as he hurriedly slipped into his torn slippers and made his way out..

"What can I do for you Amma?":He said looking at his legs..

She had warned him several times about looking at her so he rather not do that..

"Wash the utensils and this clothes":she said pointing her fingers towards the unwashed plates and the pile of clothes on the ground..

"Okay":he said silently..

He washed the dishes and realized that he was out of detergent,after all it is one small sized one,he was having an inner battle with himself knowing that Amma will throw a fist on this too..

He didn't have any choice other than going to her for the detergent,in his whole ten years of life he doesn't know what it feels like to be happy,Amma has blocked every source of happiness for him,he doesn't even smile,his face is just wearing a frown just like his heartache..

"Amma am out of detergent":he informed her looking at his legs..

"You don't know something called managing huh":Amma said holding his ear as she twisted it..

"Argh,Lillah sabaran Amma(Because of God sorry)"he said..

"What is happening here":Mahad Na'im his dad said coming inside the house..

"We are just playing my dear,I tried explaining to him that he is not a kid but still he loves playing":Amma said laughing nervously..

Latif stood there looking at his Abba who was smiling brightly at him,Amma shows fake love and affection when his dad is inside the house..

"Good morning Abba":Latif said to his dad..

"You should learn to smile Latif":his dad said his every day sentence..

"I bought a new pair of slippers for you since this one is worn out":His dad said smiling..

"Wow Latif look at your beautiful new slippers,say thank you to Abba"Amma said smiling..

"Jazakallahu Khairan Abba":Latif said collecting the slippers..

"Anything for you my dear":his dad said kissing his cheek..

"Go and bath,you have to go to islamic school":his dad smiled..

At the age of 10 Latif has memorized 40 hizb of the holy Quran,his dad is very strict about his islamic education,Latif is going to start high school in one month also,his dad might be poor but he is trying hard to give him the best he can afford..

"Yes Abba":Latif smiled as he walked to the bathroom..

He glanced at Amma who was glaring at him,he shoved her thoughts away from his mind as he looked at his new slippers..

~

"So how was school today":his Abba asked as they were on their way back home..

"It was fine":he said quitely..

His dad owns a bicycle and he always come and pick him up with it..

"Should I increase my speed":his Abba asked him..

"Yes Abba":he said sighing at the way his father is trying to make him happy..

His dad increased his pace and he spread his hand to feel the air,he slowly smiled as he laughed and his dad was more than elated to see his son this happy..

"I miss Mamu":he said referring to his real mother..

"I miss her too":his dad sigh..

"I wish we didn't miss her this much"

__

Latif❤️