Chapter 45

Tessa smiled down at her and Lances hands, fingers laced together as they walked. She did, indeed, love him. She wasn't sure where they were going but she knew it had to be important because Lances hand was sweating. Lances' hand never sweated. She grinned, squeezing his clammy hand and looking up to his face. He wore a fancy straw looking hat, causing his inhumanly good looks to look even grander. His black collared shirt had quite a few buttons opened, revealing his little chest hair that Tessa found a turn on.

He smiled down at her. "Don't worry, we're almost there." He sensed her getting tired of walking on the leafy hard ground. Trees covered them, all around them as they walked farther into the woods behind Lances flat. Lance chuckled, looking down to his girlfriends feet that wore 'poorly made shoes' as he called them. Tessa referred to them as 'TOMS'.

Lance stopped walking, bending down. "Get on." He said, knowing Tessa liked to ride on his back. She had down it multiple times before. It took him awhile to convince her the first time, but now, she hopped right on. She giggled as she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his strong shoulders.

"Your hair smells good." She commented as her hands ran through it, taking his hat and placing it on her own head.

He chuckled, "Why you sniffin' my hair?"

"Cause it's sexy." She admits, not as shyly as she once was around him. "I wanted to see if it smelt like it looked."

"And? Does it?" He grins.

Tessa leans forward slightly, her face parallel with the back of his head. She buried her nose in his hair, along with her hands on the sides of his head. "Mm-hh." She hummed as she backed away from his soft silk black hair. He chuckled.

It wasn't that much farther that they came to a stop. Tessa's focus moved from his hair to her surroundings. She was slightly awed. They stood in a clearing of trees, the bright sun shown down on them and the green grass seemed brighter. Flowers started to bloom under the sun due to the wether getting warmer and closer to summer. It was a small but beautiful place.

"Wow." Tessa sighed, letting her feet fall to the grass covered ground. Lance smiled down at her, his arm snaking around her waist.

"You like it?" Lance asked, the nervousness evident in his voice. He wasn't nervous because he thought she wouldn't like the spot though. That was the least of his focus.

"It's beautiful." Tessa smiled, turning to him and leaning up to plant a kiss to his lips. She pulled away a moment too soon for her oun liking. "I love you."

Lance smiled, his hands deep in the pockets of his jeans. "That's actually why I brought you here." He looks to her face.

Tessa smiles, taking in how his hair shines with the sun rays and his eyes are more grey than blue. "You didn't bring me here to break up with me, right?" She jokes.

He chuckles. "Quite the opposite actually." Tessa raises an eyebrow, he already told her he loved her, she didn't know where he was going with this. "Tessa Cowell. I'm in love with you, and you know that." He sighs, diverting his gaze to the ground then back to her face. Lance kneeled down on one knee, pulling the small black box out of his pocket and opening it all in one breath. Tessa's breath hitched completely. "I don't know how to say it. I've went over so many different things but, what I'm trying to say is... Dammit! Will you marry me?"

Tessa's eyes lit up, a smile taking over her face as she looked down at the not too average sized diamond. "Yes!" Her arms wrapped around his neck, causing him to drop the box with the ring in it.

Tessa never quite understand why Niall's face came to her mind as soon as she said yes.

Tessa's smile widened as Lance picked up the ring box, pulling the ring out of it. The cold metal felt weird on her finger, but she liked it. She smiled down at the stone that was now on her hand. "I love you." She gushed as her lips met his in a hurried, sweet kiss.