Chapter 14

"It's a deadly, decease, animal!" Simon says, from where he sat ands at the end on the table. Overlooking the boys and Tessa.

Lauren looks to the white fluffy kitten in Tessa's lap as it licks its little paw. "Yup, terrifying." She says sarcastically.

"Gonna have nightmares for weeks." Tessa adds with no emotion.

"Weeks? More like months. Look at that thing." Lauren adds.

"More like years, have you heard it meow?" Zayn says, acting terrified. Tessa giggles.

"Yeah, uncle Simon. That animal looks possessed." Liam chuckles.

"Terrifying fluffy little baby angel kitten." Tessa holds up the cat to Simon, who immediately backs away.

"Okay okay, I get it." Simon says.

"So I can keep it?"

"Would you take no for an answer?" Simon asks, smiling at his niece. Tessa shakes her head, grinning.

"I'm keeping 'em." Tessa smiles down at the cat.

Simon shakes his head. As much as he hates cats, he'd do anything just to see that dimpled smile of hers.

"You need a litter box and food." Lauren says as she crunches on chips and holds Eric on her hip.

"Can I hold 'em?" Niall asks Lauren. She nods, smiling and hands him the baby.

Tessa watches as Niall carefully takes the kid. He acts as if he's used to holding little kids.

"You possess my kid, I kill you." Simon says sternly. Tessa giggles as Niall looks intimidated.

"The kids have you, he's already possessed." Tessa says to her uncle. Lauren laughs along with the boys. The boys, however, cough awkwardly when Simon glares at them. But Lauren's not intimidated, she full on laughs just to rub it in his face.

Tessa watches as Niall lightly bounces her little cousin on his knee. He whispers things to him as the other boys talk and Lauren gives Simon a knowing look.

Simons completely oblivious to what Tessa's thinking. He watches as she leans over when no ones paying attention and lightly pecks Niall's cheek. Simon watches with wide eyes as Niall blushes fiercely. He didn't expect to see that, even in his dreams. Even though it didn't seem like the 'uncle' thing to do, he wished they would become more then friends. Nialls the ideal lade he'd want her do date. Defiantly far from Luke.

Lauren catches Simon staring at them. She elbows him, then gives him a look as to say 'don't you dare mess this up.' She knew Simon well. He may not have known it yet, but she knew he was gonna meddle somehow.

"Her love life is not a game. Don't play with it." Lauren says sternly.

"Woman," Simon chuckles. "What are you talking about?" Lauren doesn't reply, she just narrows her eyes at him then smiles.

"Come on Eric, lets put you to sleep." Lauren grabs her son from Nialls hands. She smiles at Niall as his face falls. He really did love kids.

"You know when a vet says 'let's put you to sleep' it really means he's about to kill 'em." Louis says.
Tessa stands from the kitchen table, cradling the cat in her arms.

"Do you just sit there thinking 'what would an idiot say right now' then say it?" Liam asks, acting curious. Louis glares playfully

"I'm going down stairs." Tessa says, more to herself. The boys decide not to follow her.

Tessa places the cat on her bed. Surprisingly it lays down, closing its little eyes. She looked like she belonged there. Tessa sighed, she never had a pet before.