Chapter 1

Chapter 1

She stares at herself in the mirror. Her brown eyes have an eire look with all the eyeliner she has on. Her pitch black hair has highlights of flaming red. Her face remains in a frown like it has as long as she can remember. She looks down at her black long sleeve sweater looking shirt and her skin tight black jeans with her combat boots. The girl had to change her looks completely, she looked too much like her mother. She hated it. She placed the loose lock of black hair behind her ear to reveal an ear spike. She looks at her appearance and only sees her flaws.

She hates herself. She hates the world.

She heard a horn, signaling her ride was there. She put her inhaler in her boot means she wasn't planing on carrying a bag then left her room. She continued to walk passed her soon to be aunt in the living room. She figured the baby must be sleeping. Without saying a word to her she walked out the door and down the sidewalk to the driveway. Luke, her boyfriend, sat waiting on his motorcycle with a second helmet. He watched her approach then handed her the helmet.

As they pulled out of the driveway her uncle, simon cowell, pulled in. He gave Luke a glare, he didn't approve of him at All. Frankly, Tessa thought, she didn't approve of the jerk either. He cheated on her several times, but she would never confront him or even admit that to anyone. She thought she wasn't good enough for anyone to respect her. So why expect them to?

Luke and Tessa had allot in common. Both didn't have parents. Both only saw the down side of life. Both hated the world. They were the only thing the other had left.

Tessa watched the trees zoom by as Luke drove the motorbike to a food joint. It was a sunny day in London. It was getting colder though, as it was getting further into October.

Back in her uncles car Simon looked in the mirror at the five boys in the back of his SUV. They all watched as the guy and girl road off on the motorbike.

"That's my niece... And her... Friend." Simons voice gets the boys attention. He gets some confused looks. Simon never told anyone about his niece because he didn't want to explain the whole thing about his brother, Nicholas, and sister-in-law dying. Plus he didn't want his niece, who had some issues, to he bombarded with pictures and questions about her parents. Simon had kept it all from the world so far and he plans to keep it that way.

"Your niece lives with you?" Liam finally speaks up. This was the first time they had heard about Simon even having a niece. Simon nodded.

"Yes. It's a long story." He shuts the car off and gets ready to explain something's, but not everything. "Listen guys," his eyes dart from their eyes in the mirror to the dash board. "She's had a hard life. So if you would, don't ask about her parents. In fact, she's extremely shy. She usually keeps to herself. So if she just completely ignores you don't be offended. Okay?" He looks in the mirror to see all their eyes starring back at him with questions. But they leave it alone. "She's not a fan so she shouldn't bother your short stay here at all." They nod and then follow Simon into the house.

Simon figured his mansion was big enough for the boys to stay at for the time being. They had their stuff packed in the tour bus, ready for tour. But their tour had been delayed for two weeks for reasons only Simon understood. He made a poor excuse up about the boys needing to hide out to keep a low profile and go to the clinic before they left but he secretly wanted to be home for Tessa's birthday on November 9th. He had plans, plans that his niece would reject if he told her but would like if he surprised her. He seemed to be the only one to understand her.

Not only did he want to be there for her birthday, but he wanted the boys to be there. Simon knew the boys would be a good influence on Tessa, maybe even friends. Tessa needed some real friends and he knew the boys would be ideal.

At nandos Tessa sat in a booth, patiently waiting for Luke to come back from the lou. When he finally reappeared the food has already arrived.

"Babe, why aren't you eating?" His American accent asked as he ran his hand through his thin black hair. Tessa watched his dark brown eyes watch her. He always gave her an eire feeling that she didn't know if she liked or not.

"I'm just not that hungry." She finally said as she looked down at her half eaten lunch. Luke started stealing some of her uneaten fries. She smiles as he stuffed his face.

The two paid then walked out of the restaurant. They stopped and leaned against the brick wall of the restaurant. Luke watched Tessa as she shivered and put her hands in her jeans pockets. She looked over at him and smiles slightly. He locked eyes with her and in one swift movement he leans in and planted his lips on hers.

He immediately pulled her closer by the waist and started moving his lips against hers Hungary. Her hands went to the back of his neck and pulled him closer as she pushed her against the restaurant. The kiss became heated, like all of their kisses, and he started rubbing himself against her thigh. He groaned as her hands trailed down his chest.

Tessa was sure there were people who could see them but, just like everything else in her life, she didn't care.

Luke pulled away and soon their pants were heard. She leaned her head back against the side of the building as Luke took in her appearance.

He didn't love her, and she knew it. Luke only thought she was exceedingly good looking, and good in bed. She knew he didn't love her but she didn't know why he stayed with her. All she knew was that she had to hang on to him, for dear life. She couldn't let go or she would have nothing... No one. Even though he had cheated on her god knows how many times, even though he only wanted her for one thing. She couldn't let him go. Yet she didn't love him either.

"Take me home?" Luke asks her with lust in his eyes. She nodded and they both got on his motorcycle.