Chapter 38

After Damon and Alaric finished searching the house, we headed back for Elena and I's birthday party. And yes this day will probably be the worst day of my life, it reminds me of everything I have lost of being a human. Like aging.

The Salvatore mansion was filled with teen drunks who I didn't even know, someone even said to me, 'Happy Birthday Elena!' Gazing across the crowded house I spotted Elena in her white innocent dress, standing next to Caroline. "Hey guys!" I greeted, yelling over the blasting music. They waved and smiled, and I went to go get a much needed drink. Walking outside I wandered toward the yard seeing a drunk teen sprawled across the lawn. Grabbing the closest stick, I poked the unknown boy. The boy began to groan, "Oh get up lightweight." I snapped kicking his gut. He finally began standing up slowly. He was hot, looked to me like one of the jocks at our school, can't remember his name though...

After a few minutes of him staring in space he finally focused and looked me in the eyes grinning, "Hey Elena! Happy Birthdayyyy!" He yelled pointing at me and thowing his arms in the air. Once again another 'Happy Birthday Elena' does anyone know it's my bir- was my birthday too? "Aw thank you," I said softly roleplaying as Elena. He nodded, before turning and wobbling back towards the party.

"Hey, wait..." I said, causing him to spin with a drunk goofy grin. "Yeahhhh?" He slurred, approaching me once again.

"I'm hungry." I snapped, glaring and speeding towards him. My fangs popped out, finding their way to his soft flesh. I hungrily began sucking at his skin, the soft warmth filling my mouth with thick, delicious blood. Gulp after gulp, the boys body started becoming more and more limp. I couldn't stop, beggining to suck until there was nothing to suck at. Letting go, the boy dropped to the ground, crumbling in a ball, dead. Licking my lips, I looked at my surroundings making sure nobody had witnessed.

"I'm not Elena." I muttered to the dead corpse laying still on the ground. This body needs to go, if Elena, Alaric, Caroline or even Damon sees this i'm dead. I began to drag the body towards the woods, that would do for now. As I was near the edge of the woods, I heard a twig snap in half. Spinning, Damon stand there with crossed arms and rosed eyebrows.

"What happened here?" Damon asked glancing at the body then back at me. Staring at the ground I shrugged, "I'm not sure, I found him out here dead.." I said frowning. Damon chuckled, before grabbing my waist and slamming me against the nearest tree. "Now, tell me, what really happened." He whispered in my ear.

Pushing him away, I sighed, "I killed him." I said clenching my teeth, not making eye contact. We stand there silent, as if we were attending this dumb dead boys funeral. Finally I made eye contact, and there was Damon just smiling at me. "Why are you smiling?" I questioned, squinting in the dark night to make sure he really was.

"I am proud of you!" Damon said, putting an arm around me and walking back to the house. Proud of me? For killing a innocent man? I feel like i'm the rope during a tug of war game.

One part of me wants to go and remorse the poor soul I have just killed. Cry and cry and be ashamed of myself for my cruel actions. But the other half... I want to kill more, every ounce of blood, I want. And I have no remorse, just to kill and feel joy doing so.

Entering the party once again I know I need drinks, liquor. I grab Damons hand and shove through the plethora of people. A drunk girl on my left began to eye me, with a look of disgust.

With my left hand I made contact with her abdomen, causing her to fly across the room. "Oops," I say, giggling. Finally we arrived to the drinks, and there was a perfect bottle of Bourbon calling 'Mackenzie'.

Humming I grabbed the bottle taking a massive gulp. It burned slightly, and I knew I wouldn't be ambulatory by the end of this horrid night. Drunk Mackenzie is coming back tonight.

A few hours and load of drinks later

After a bottle of bourbon, I was loose and finally relaxed. Uptown Funk play on the speakers, and my hands punch the air singing along. Quickly I hop on the table with drinks, kicking the bottles of liquor and beer over causing glass to crash everywhere.

I began twirling and jumped off the table, causing the room to shake

I began twirling and jumped off the table, causing the room to shake. "Damon!" I screamed continuing to dance frantically trying to find him. I turn my 'super hearing' and hear Damon outside talking to someone else.

Grinning ear to ear, I sway my hips to the music, while making my way to the door. Walking to the front, the music is lower, and I see Damon to my right. "Come insiiiide!!!!" I scream sprinting at him and wrapping my arms around his neck swaying.

He groaned, unhooking my arms, "Go inside, Kenz." He quickly said, staring behind me. Frowning I turned to see what was so important that was behind me.

A dark shadow stood under the trees, who is it? It starts to emerge from the tree, and I gape at who it is.

"Stefan." I say with wide eyes, not believing what i'm seeing. Is he back for good, he must be back!

My surprised look turned to a smile as I ran toward him and wrapped my arms around him. He felt distant, cold, he wasn't even hugging back.

"Mackenzie get away from him!" Damon hissed, gosh why was he jealous? Tilting my head I began to back away from Stefan but in my surprise he lunged at me, gripping his hand around my neck. "I need you to stop following me." Stefan snapped, his loud voice booming in my ear.

I began struggling trying to get away from him, Damon couldn't help because he would snap my neck, if he tried.

"Stefan don't snap her neck," Damon said, rolling his eyes. His grip grew tighter and then his hands twisted, and that was all I remember before blacking out.