Chapter 50

It's been a few days since Klaus and I had our encounter. Damon wasn't happy about it but what's done is done.

Elena, Damon, Stefan and I huddled in our kitchen as we discussed Esther, Klaus' mother.

It was revealed that he was the one that murdered her, which concerned me. Someone killing their own mother?

The doorbell rang and we all looked at each other, knowing something was up. Elena opened the door and there on the ground was two sealed envelopes, and a rectangular box that was enclosed with a red ribbon.

Elena grabbed the gifts or whatever they were and furrowed her brows. "They're for Kenz and I..." she whispered, handing me the box and letter.

It was like Christmas, I wanted to know what was in this box. Elena opened her letter up first, reading the message out loud.

"Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for cocktails and celebration." She announced. She then turned it around and looked at the other side, "Elena, I think it's time we finally meet. Esther."

The mother that created the Originals wants to meet Elena? This couldn't be good, could she be trusted?

I opened my letter as they chit chatted about their plan, Damon against her going near any of the Mikaelson's.

Dearest Mackenzie,

As you probably know my family is hosting a ball this evening that I have been informed about very recently.

I'd like to ask if you would be so kind to make an appearance, it would be nice to see a friendly face other than all of the randoms that shall be invited.

Please consider. I hope to see you there.

— Niklaus Mikaelson

My eyes lit up when I saw the letter, a ball in Mystic Falls! Balls are for fairytales and what not, and I've never been invited to one.

I hastily ripped open the gift that came with the letter and was revealed to a beautiful dress. It looked priceless, like it could be worn on a princess.

My eyes snapped up to Damon who began walking towards me

My eyes snapped up to Damon who began walking towards me. He glared and snatched the letter and gift from my grasp.

"What exactly is this?" He questioned as he scanned his eyes through the letter. Yikes yikes yikes.

Damon frowned and threw the gift back into my arms, "Too bad this dress won't be put to use, you two aren't going." He stated sarcastically, flashing a smirk.