Chapter 19

It's where my demons hide

Finally here, I thought, stepping outside of the car.

"This is it, Duke University." Alaric said as we approached a building.

We entered the building to see a woman approach us, she looked nice, nothing unusual.

"Hello, This is Damon, Elena, Mackenzie, and I'm Alaric, were here to see Isobels office."

"Oh yes! Just go in there, I'll get the switch."

I smiled at her and walked into the room, books and belongings everwhere.

The light flickered on and I looked at the door, seeing the woman aiming an arrow right at me.

I gasped as I heard the trigger being shot and closed my eyes getting ready for the pain.

Before I could react I heard Damon groan, I looked to see him on the ground, the arrow in his back.

Alaric grabbed the woman, dragging her out of the room.

"Damon!" I yelled kneeling down by him.

"Get- Get the arrow out!" He yelled holding in as much pain as possible.

I nodded and placed both hands on the arrow head.

1, 2, 3, I pulled the arrow right out of his chest, he let out a quiet scream.

"Shh, it's okay babe," I whispered comforting him.  He literally took a bull-well arrow for me.

I helped him up and he shrugged it off then walked beginning to look for information. 

We were looking for any reasons Katherine may want to kill us, or why she's here.  There's always a motive with her from what I've heard.

I traced my finger along side all the books, searching for any information.  I wasn't really searching, just lost in my thoughts like usual.

Not finding one thing, I sighed approaching the physco lady that tried killing me.  Great idea.

"Hey I'm really sorry about trying to hurt you, I just thought you were Katherine."

I nodded, smiling. I didn't want to get into any fights or arguments.

Elena approached still searching her doe brown eyes frantically eyeing each shelf.

The woman began looking at Damon, "Can he hear us?"

"Yep." I heard Damon reply, popping the 'p'.

I nodded, "Yes he can."

"Yeah he's good at being an ass." Elena growled, what was up with them, didn't seem right.

Damon and Alaric walked toward us, Damon holding a box labled, "Katerina Petrova."

"Found it, her real name." He said smirking.

They searched through the wooden, ancient box.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air, I'm feeling light-headed." I told the group rubbing my forehead.

"You want me to come with?" Damon asked handing Alaric the box.

I nodded, slightly smiling at him.

I walked out of the building, hearing his faint footsteps behind me.

I leaned against the car, resting my elbows on the hood.

"Hey are you sure you're alright?"

I nodded, "Yeah I'm f- fine."

He stood in front of me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Before I could hesitate two strong arms gripped my waist, picked me up, and sat me on the hood.

"Thank you,"

He just grinned, staring at his beautiful eyes, I didn't realize I was starting to breath heavy.

He rested his hand on the hem of my back, "Sh, it's okay."

"Panic attack," I mumbled, as my arms and legs started to shake uncontrollably.

Ever since the accident, I have been having panic attacks, even though I didn't witness it, I feel as if I actually did.

As my breathing started to calm down, Damons worried face became less concerned, he wrapped his arms under me, picking me up in Bridal Style.

He then opened the car door and laid me down.

He leaned in, expecting a kiss, he slowly unclipped the necklace Stefan gave me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What are y-"

"Sleep." He said staring into my sole with his ocean blue eyes.

My eyes became heavy and I drifted off.

*

My eyes fluttered open, I was in my bed.

I got up and looked at my clock, 9:43 pm.

I was about to get a snack when I heard muffled voices, Elena and.... Damon? Yeah Damon.

It sounded like it was coming from outside, I tiptoed to my window, unlocked it, and poked my head through the window.

Elena and Damon stood on the porch.

"I need to know the truth, when you snapped Jeremys neck, did you know he was wearing the ring?"

I listened closley, needing to know his response.

"No." He said hesitantly.

I felt my heart break a little, I didn't think Damon would of done that, I guess it's his nature, he kills, murders.. people.

I dazed back into the conversation, "You and Katherine have a lot more in common than you think."

What did I miss, What did Elena do?

I sighed, running a hand through my hair, throwing myself on the bed.

All these vampires, witches, lies, and secrets were messing with my head, I don't know if one is strong enough to hold all these problems on their shoulders.