Chapter 41

I sprinted through the dark forest, i need to get to the car soon. I just hope they didn't leave me behind, Damon wouldn't do that. I'm close, i can hear the light roar of the engine.

I see an end of trees and opening leading to a field, there's the car! My legs go as fast as I can until they're visible. Elena and Alaric are in the car, and Damon is leaning on the outside. I take a minute to see how worried he looks. Hes tapping his foot, and keeps shaking his head as if talking to himself.

"Damon!" I scream, as i exit the woods. His eyes snap my way, and a huge grin spreads across his face. I walk toward him and he walks toward me and i literally feel like i'm in some romance movie.

As he makes it in front of me, his arms wrap tightly around my torso, bringing me into an embrace. "Don't ever do that again." He mumbles into my hair. I nod, i know it was stupid but it was worth it. We pull away, "I got a werewolf bite." I whispered. Now i know how he felt when he got one.

Damons eyes grew, "What? No, where!" He snapped roughly examining my body. I stopped his sudden actions, "Don't worry, Klaus healed me." I said slightly smiling. I glanced at the place where my wound stood, all gone.

"And what, he didn't ask for anything in return, i call bullshit." He said gritting his teeth. How can he be so mad at Klaus, i feel like i owe my life to him, he saved me.

I shook my head, "He didn't want anything, he was actually kind to me." I whispered, narrowing my eyes.

Damon scoffed, "You fed off of his wrist didn't you? No wonder why he didn't want anything, you already gave it to him!" He yelled, throwing his hands in the air. My eyes glossed, how can he be so rude, i was gone in a forest full of werewolves on a full moon and he's mad because I fed on Klaus?

"You're ridiculous!" I yelled, crossing my arms roughly. He began pacing back and forth, i glanced at Alaric and Elena in the car, they were just staring at us awkwardly.

Damon grabbed my hands, "Klaus killed you, he killed Jenna, who else did he kill? So why are you all of the sudden on his side!" He said.

I took a deep breath, "We have all done bad things, we have killed, we have backstabbed. All of us have done things we are not proud of. Klaus has done things, bad things, i know. I just think he's lonely. He needs someone. A friend, his role is to be the bad guy. So he's gonna be the role he is given. But i just think Klaus needs love. He's broken. He needs someone to give him a chance, like i did to you."

I saw a sudden change in his eyes, like he somewhat understood what i said. But, it was soon recovered with his old self. "Come on lets go home." He said, putting his hand on the hem of my back and leading me to the car. I opened the car door, Damon and i sliding into the back seat.

"Oh my god i'm so glad you're okay!" Elena beamed, turning to the back and giving me a hug.

I nodded, "Yeah... It's rough out there." I mumbled looking out of the window. For a quick second I thought I saw Stefan and smiled to myself. I think Elena did too, because her sudden quietness proved it. Damons hand rested on my thigh, my hand over his. The last thing I remember is falling onto Damon before sleep overtook me.

~~

I woke up in my bed. My eyes stayed closed as I turned and cuddled against the pillow beside me. My vampire senses heard breathing, one eye opened slowly and i looked up.

"Shit!" I yelped sitting up quickly, Damon lays there looking at me with a raised eyebrow. Gosh he scared the living crap out of me. "Oops! Sorry, forgot to tell you I was here." Damon said grinning and sitting up. I scowled and got out of bed, my eyes went to my body seeing I was in underwear and a tanktop. Wait.