Chapter 17

Jeremys lifeless body dropped to the ground as Damon stood there with a cold glare.

I ran toward Jeremy but was shoved into a wall by Damon.

Veins appeared near his eyes and his fangs appeared.

He lunged toward me and bit into my neck.

Mackenzie! Mackenzie!

I felt water being splashed onto me, I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

It was a dream, a really graphic dream.

I sat there drenched looking at a laughing Elena.

"What the hell?" I groaned wiping my face with my blankets.

"We need to go help with the carnival, you know, Caroline would kill if we didn't do this." She said.

"Okay okay," I sighed watching her leave the room.

I went into my closet and threw on a outfit, still half asleep, lets just say when your boyfriend kills your brother you don't tend to get much sleep.

~

I walked through the Carnival looking for things to do.

"Mackenzie!" I heard someone scream, I looked up to see Bonnie sprinting toward me.

She barged at me hugging me, "Damn Bon," I muttered laughing.

"I haven't seen you since you were in the fire!" She mumbled into my hair then backing away.

I nodded putting a Bart Doll on a prize shelf.

Stefan started walking up to me and Bonnie scurried away like usual.

"How you holding up?" He asked frowning.

"Uh great" I said sarcastically with a wide smile.

"Or not," he said.

"Hm, well my boyfriend killed my brother how am I supposed to hold up exactly?" I said tilting my head.

"Kenz, he's Damon, but when he's with you he is different, there are a lot of things that went down with Katherine in his past." he continued.

I looked over his shoulder and saw Damon walking around the carnival, he obviously hears us.

"Well he's an ass for killing Jer and for nearly having sex with someone else!" I said knowing Damon heard me.

Stefan laughed and walked away, I continued to put the prizes on the shelf.  I've always had a hard time being upset with someone I had to try my best to avoid Damon.  He thought she was in the tomb and was determined to get her out, he loved her not so long ago.  How can I blame him for making a lustful mistake?  I'm sure she came at him. 

It wasn't his fault.  It wasn't. Not his.

I heard a presence behind me and turned to see the one and only, Damon.

"Hey," he said grinning.

"Hi, what do you want?" I asked.

"Well, I came to, apologize. You and Elena are pissed at me and I'm sorry."

"One question," I said, he nodded, "Did you know Jeremy had a ring on?"

He looked down before glancing back up, "Yes."

"And did Katherine seduce you?"

"Yes."

I turned around walking away, "Kenzie, I'm sorry, I was drunk!"