Chapter 48

The homecoming dance was nothing special, in fact it was less than ordinary.  The whole clan including Katherine might I add, which I found out about the next day,  had a very interesting night. 

Klaus' Dad Mikael somehow was alive and the plan was to kill Klaus that night.  Didn't happen because Stefan decided to save Klaus and the tables turned and Mikael was the one who ended up getting killed.

It's okay I'm confused as well, sounds like a soap opera.

I honestly don't know much Damon spit it out rather quickly.  At the moment I was meeting Elena and Damon at the Grill. 

As I walked through the wooden doors his voice was all that I could hear from the loud room.

"Your brother stole from me.  I need him found so I can take back what's mine." Klaus sneered at Damon as he swiftly threw the dart towards the bullseye. 

I flinched at his preciseness, not knowing he'd be here and I'd have to face him again.

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem."  Elena jabbed.

Her words made me cringe, she would seriously say that to the most powerful creature on this earth?  She certainly was my sister.

"Well this is just me broadening the scope Elena."  He concluded, clearly not phased by her unthreatening words. 

I quickly spun around and exited the bar, knowing that wasn't the time for me to make an appearance.

/-/-/-/-/-/

We were now at our home, and Tyler was discussing his allegiance to Klaus. 

"What is the difference between being sired and being compelled, Tyler?"  Alaric asked, as we surrounded Tyler at the dining table. 

Okay okay I know I shouldn't be getting involved in the drama but I just couldn't help it!

"Being sired is like faith, you do something because you believe it's the right thing."  Tyler explained.  I surveyed his face, and he was telling the truth.

"What if he asked you to rip out your heart?" Elena rambled, attempting to get a response out of it. 

"I don't know then I'd do it!" Tyler screamed, tired of our constant questioning and nagging. 

Chills went down my body when he answered with that.  Sympathy.  Tyler wasn't himself and this wasn't him. 

We've been through things but Tyler will always hold a place in my heart.  It hurt seeing him like this. 

I walked out of the room and dialed up Klaus, praying he would help me understand.

"Well hel-"

"Meet me outside the grill."  I muttered, before hanging up quickly.

/-/-/-/-/

I stood outside in the ally as I waited for him.  He'd come.  Any minute now...

"You were so quick to disappear earlier."

My body whipped around to be face to face with Klaus.  I nodded quickly, "What is your plan?" 

He furrowed his brows and squinted a tad, "What is my plan? What is yours Mackenzie?" Klaus asked, stepping a few steps closer.

Confusion swept over me, realizing he must be playing some type of game with me.

"What do you mean, my plan?"

"Well it seems you have something else on your mind." 

Gosh how did he know?  Was it really that obvious, the unknown feeling deep in my core that I had for this man. 

I groaned before deciding that this was it, because it was now or never.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/