Chapter 21

After being threatened by Katherine last night, I went home, took some motrin and passed out.

Now here I am sore as heck, dragged by Elena, to paint things at the Lockwoods and what-not.

"Mackenzie-"

I snapped out of my thoughts and stopped painting looking at Elena, "Hm?"

"I was saying, Stefan thinks Katherine is too dangerous for us to be together.." she rambled.

Elena and Stefan were 'pretending' to fight, because Caroline was Katherines little spy.

"I'm going to go talk to him," Elena said walking to Stefan.

"No, I don't th-" Caroline started, "Caroline, leave it." I muttered.

I continued to stroke the paintbrush across the wood, making sure to not miss a spot.

"Ouch!" I squealed as something or someone pinched my behind.

I turned around quickly, seeing Damon grinning like a fool.

"Why are you near me, we don't need Katherine hurting anyone again!"

He stopped grinning, "Gosh Mackenzie, I have had enough!"

I rolled my eyes, "I am not fake fighting," I whispered.

"Yeah, you're right, and I don't think Doppelganger bitch is anywhere near."

I smiled and began to paint again.

Damon snatched the paintbrush out of my hand, ruining my rythm.

"Hey!" I laughed, lunging for the brush.

"Come get it!" He teased holding up the brush.

I ran up to him but was too slow as the paintbrush made contact with my face.

"You did not..."

"Oh I did..."

I lunged at him, grabbing the paintbrush and slashed it at his face, but was stopped by his quick reflexes.

"Hey that's not fair, your reflexes are better!" I said laughing.

"Hey! Not my fault you're slow," he said, his hands in the air in defense.

As his hands were in the air, the brush made contact with his right cheek.

He glared at me and I dropped the paintbrush, "Truce?" I asked.

"Truce." He answered, approaching me and pressing his lips against mine.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying the moment, until Stefan popped in my mind as I pulled away.

"I missed that," Damon said.

I nodded, "Me too, but I have to go to the bathroom, wait for me?"