°13°

This chapter is dedicated to my dad. Happy birthday dad, love you infinity.

Above is a picture of Jeremiah's home.

Enjoy.

                      ~°~°~°~°~

I walked down the stairs with Dami, gisting about the senior pride coming a week before the swimming competition. Once at the foot of the stairs, Dami ditched me and headed straight to the living room. He sat on the couch, crossed both legs and grasped the DSTV remote at the little glass table, placed at the side of the couch he was sitting on.

Yea, this home was like Dami's second home. We've been best friends for a very very long time. I walked over to the kitchen, to see dad pouring a chill water into a cup.

"Welcome dad," I acknowledged, gaining his attention. Dad paused, the cup half way  to his lips.

"Son," He spoke out, before gulping down the contents from the class cup. "Where were you when I came home?"

"Up stairs," I pointed to the ceiling out of habit. "With Dami."

Father place the cup on the kitchen counter with a nod. "And how was school?"

"It was..." I chewed my lower lip, "Different."

Father gave a deep manly chuckle, before looking at me. "How so?"

I sighed. I wasn't sure if dad could give advice. I mean, he wasn't mum. Mum does the advising, while dad stayed really close to her, like she was his last breath or something.

"Well there's this girl," I began.

"There's always a girl," Dad's husky voice chuckled. He folded his arms below his chest, with keen interest. "So, are you catching feelings, or something?"

"Far dad," I replied dryly. "Way too far. You're literally moving ahead of yourself."

Dad shook his head in amusement. "Amongst all the traits you could have gotten from me, you chose to have my tongue."

"Like father like son, right?" I smiled. I looked up to my dad in everything he does. So I wasn't offended by his words. I wanted to be just like him.

"So what's the problem with you and this friend?" Dad enquired, resting his elbow on the kitchen island.

"She's not my friend," I replied dryly. "More like a girl that's in need of my help."

Dad furrowed his brows. "What's wrong in helping a class mate in need? You help Dami, all the time."

I exhaled loudly, feeling stressed out. "Her's different. It might involve some__" I stopped myself from speaking further. "Mother said I should ask myself if it's worth it. Once I've gotten my conclusion, that means I've gotten my answer."

"Then your mother is probably right." Father moved away from the kitchen island and walked towards me. He squeezed my left shoulder, before patting it gently. "Listen to your heart, I did just that."

Dad left me and walked out of the kitchen. "I'll be upstairs," He announced. "And Dami, get your feet off of my seventeen million dollars  glass table."

I walked into the living room, to see Dami gasping after my dad, whom was busing climbing the stairs.

"Gosh, it's worth that much?!" He exclaimed, hoping my dad heard him. I chuckled at Dami's behavior.

"Must you be so dramatic?" Dami shot be a deadly look.

Ding Dong!

"Abdul must have opened the gate," I informed Dami. "I'll go get it."