Reactions, long lost family

"Hi, Dad."

The whole of the CCPD was silent.

"Santana... What is the meaning of this?" Bassy hissed.

"You know that time where we both wanted to see whether we were bi or just gay after graduation?" Sanatan said, resting her hand on the child's shoulder.

"Yes, that was long ago..." Bassy said, his eyebrows scrunched.

The CCPD was watching the pair with great interest. There were rumours that Santana Lopez had a daughter, but there was never any proof. Except for now.

"I would like you to meet your daughter, Sebaste (Basie) Ao Smythe." Santana said, "she's six years old."

Bassy was shocked still until a smile came fleeting across his face, "Ao, Japanese... A form of green," he whispered. "S.A.S for the initials, much better than B.H.S.S.A," he laughed.

"Thought you would appreciate it when I finally tracked you down," Santana smiled back.

"I'm still shocked..." Bassy emitted.

"And I would not think anything else of it... Come back. The group misses you. We thought you were dead. Then we heard about your coma; you worried your brother and sister half to death," Santana said, holding her daughter close.

Glancing at The Captain and receiving a small nod in return, "I think I can spare a week or two," Bassy smirked.

It was then that Sebaste decided that she wanted to meet her father. She wiggled out of Santana's grip and tentatively approached him. A smile crossed her face when he crouched down so that the two of them were face to face, his arms open wide. She giggled before barreling into him after a reassuring nod from Santana and knocked him clean onto his back.

"Time to head back," Santana said as Bassy got back to his feet, holding onto little Basie.

-----

The whole of the CCPD watched in silence as Barry left the building before breaking out into chatter.

When had Barry met the famous model? Why didn't he tell anyone that he had a one-nighter with her? How does he know the Japanese colours? How did he get a gay girl in his bed?

Everyone was stumped; nothing would lead back to her. There were no links.

Joe's lips pulsed, one moment, Barry was just reporting a case CSI report, the next, it turns out he's a father to Santana Lopez secret child. And he didn't even get introduced.

- That last point hurt the most. -

Maybe the computers at S.T.A.R Labs would be able to show something?

-----

"You won't have Barry here for a while," Joe commented as he entered S.T.A.R Labs.

"Why's that?" Cisco questioned.

"Because he's currently spending time with his daughter," Joe shrugged, eyeing them all.

Caitlin turned towards her bin as she spat out her drink. Cisco's eyes went wide as he missed a heartbeat.

"Wh...what?" Cisco stumbled.

"Yes, Santana Lopez walked in with that mystory daughter of hers and revealed that it was, in fact, Barry's child," Joe explained. "With the last name of Smythe. No one at the CCPD could pick out how the two had ever met."

"You want us to run the name Smythe through the system alongside the name Santana Lopez?" Cisco questioned, rolling his chair over to the computer. "One name comes up the most."

"Who?" Joe asked as he came to stand behind the computer techie, Caitlin just behind him.

"Sebastian Smythe," Cisco read.

"Who?" Caitlin asked.

"Heir to Smythe fortune. Extensive criminal record. Glee Captain with a massive rivalry between Santana and himself. Sports Captain. Gay prep school bad boy," Cisco read.

"Is there an image?"

"Yes... Plenty. That's Barry!" Cisco exclaimed as he came across the photos.

"So Barry is also known as Sebastian Smythe?" Joe asked.

"Seems to be," Cisco agreed, "that is how the two of them met then."

"But, criminal record... Gay..? Sports and Glee captain?" Joe questioned, unable to understand.

"People can be different people at times. Barry is a different person when he is The Flash, makes sense that he is changed person when he is Sebastian," Caitlin stated.

"But it's so different," Joe pointed out.

"So a shy nerd and a confident superhero are one and the same?" Caitlin questioned.

"Yeah..." Joe sighed.

"I recommend that we don't dig around. We don't want to be pulling up things that are best left in the past," Caitlin stated, closing the conversation, leaving the cortex in silence.

731